Rec climb Watford/ Hunting for uk gems.

nathan marshall

ill see what i can do its a scout campsite that backs onto the woods and i help out there as im part of scouting.

Nice one with the scouts mate! I bet you don't tell them you carry fire lighters round with you do you! Haaa! Just jesting mate, I always wanted to join the scouts but mum and dad could not afford the trips out!

Sounds like I maybe getting the tent sorted then :thumbup1:

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one with the scouts mate! I bet you don't tell them you carry fire lighters round with you do you! Haaa! Just jesting mate, I always wanted to join the scouts but mum and dad could not afford the trips out!

Sounds like I maybe getting the tent sorted then :thumbup1:

ha ha these days firelighters are a must when thirsty for tea. light them a few twig on goes the kelle kettle job done.

get a hammock.

Over the years I've stumbled across many a rough camp in Whippendell, usually one man tents, but there are loads of stacks of sticks where the DoE johnnies have knocked up a shelter for the night.

Usually it kids in the summer months, but occasionally more iffy types of the Father Jack variety.

Over the back of the golf course, on the north slope of Jacotts hill (the top of which is where you were centred around last weekend, by the picnic table) there are some nice quiet spots, and as Nathan suggests loads of places to tie a hammock.

Only the curious Muntjac and early morning dog walkers to disturb you, and the badgers if you pitch on one of their paths but they're over the other side of the woods and the sett is so ginormous you'd have to be blind to miss it. There are a few outlying setts but I'm having a hard time working out how active they are. You might have to hang your food in a tree :-)

That said that scout camp site does look to be by far the much better option.

Nathan it's looking like you've got yourself a new job - Arbtalk Ents Manager.

• 4 weeks later...
due to popular demand, im planning another climb possibly a weekends worth of climbing hammock over night in the woods and then climb even more.

is there any preference on dates but one good thing itts warming up and the days are getting longer.

Tomorrow :biggrin: