Go commercial or to go private?

Vertigo Arb Ltd

Had lots of help with my other question I posted yesterday so just wanted to ask a quick one.

As I said in my last post have the access to a full big yard with inside storage that I'm building.

And access to lots of hard an soft woods in about 200 miles of woodland (fallen and dangerous trees)

Should I go private and stack and split and make some form of drive in centre where people can pull in load up and go and do deliveries to pubs and the local stove supplier.

Or stock up over the year and sell big loads as whole sale to the lovely arb talk community.

I no there's more money in private but there's more hassle and I do have a job I don't really want to quit.

If I go commercial I could collect the wood over the year and then come end of summer sell in 26t 7.5t and 3.5t loads to the trade.

If I did this do you ring it up? Or leave it long? Does it matter? What kind of transport companies out there (Essex) do timber haulage?

Confused.com

Thanks

Does it have to be either or? You could do wholesale and local deliveries for when you have the time. I'm not sure about the drive through idea, but it could be something you could think about later if time and or suitable labour became available.

I could do both I guess just if I was doing private I would ring everything and split it as quick as possible of course but wholesale I wouldn't need to do that I guess so just a matter of how much wood I get I suppose

Depending on the volume you intend to process have you worked out what expensive stuff you need to buy hire etc?

Or are you gonna start off small scale with a saw and an axe? :001_smile:

Well I've got all the saws etc and a very large tractor and trailer. So going to

Go through the woods and ring everything up (and there is some BIG stuff) then go through with the tractor and load up. So no output really oh and have a 20ton splitter and a 6ton splitter. So not much output really I guess.

Gonna start small I think but not axe :)

I just love forestry and it seems all there you know