What do I need?

T.C

Hey guys and girls, just after some quick advice on what I need to take which would permit me legally to put signage on roads and traffic lights ect. Chapter 8? or is there a newer update available?

I have had a quick look on the internet, but can't find anything really definitive. Probably just being thick!

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best.

Tom

Hey guys and girls, just after some quick advice on what I need to take which would permit me legally to put signage on roads and traffic lights ect. Chapter 8? or is there a newer update available?

I have had a quick look on the internet, but can't find anything really definitive. Probably just being thick!

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

All the best.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Strictly speaking 'Operatives', i.e. those enagaged in placing signs & cones etc., need an 'O6' streetworks qualification, and 'Supervisors', i.e. those checking they are correct, need an 'S6' qual.

See Street Works Qualifications Register - Qualifications

There is some debate currently as to whether all contractors need a 'streetworks (photocard) licence' or whether evdience of training, whihc many existing arbs have by virtue of City & Guilds Unit 02 & 10, should suffice.

If you ahve neither then safer to get the licence if you're working on the highway.

Cheers..

Paul

Hi TC,

I also had problems obtaining info on the web.

I visted http://www.swqr.org.uk and riddled them with my questions and got the definitive answers I was after along with the contact details for the different bodies C&G, SQA etc... . I then contacted them and got the full list of course providers in my area, Scotland. As it usually forms part of a 5 day course with the other units covering excavation you may find it steep when only attending for unit 2 operator & 10 supervisor. Most providers offer these as seperate courses with seperate registration costs? when in reality they receive the same training although both theory and practicals are different. Therefore may be worth shopping around for the best deal.

I hope this helps?

CTL