How much do you earn as an employee

chrisgilltreesurgery

Hi guys,

Im not wanting to pry to much into your personal life but I need your help:

Recently I have found that getting someone to work for what I thought was a reasonable wage seems to very difficult these days.

I can get a hot-shot freelance climber for £150 a day but what I am looking for is a good all round worker to carry out day to day jobs ranging from all tree work to all hedge work.

We are based in the North East.

What I am saying is that I need a good lad who is competent but not an ace if you know what I mean.

What do you think is a reasonable rate of pay either per hour, per day or per week?

Thanks for your help

Chris

I am an employer, but mainly use sub-contractor staff.

But I think that if as a company you are providing, as required by UK law, all PPE that is in a suitable order, adequate working conditions and basically being a prudent humane boss, and also paying tax and NI contributions whilst providing holiday pay of x amount of days a year, maybe even transport and equipment perks,

Then I think that paying somebody; before tax, in the region of 75-95 per day based on the average working year of a UK worker and creating a salary of xyz, this is adequate for this type of employment. N.B. This would be based on experience and level of proficiency that the employee held, and also how current their experience was.

This would include all the provisions of employment required under UK law and also is a contract that is written and provided appropriately as per Uk law.

Just a thought. Anybody know what is required under UK law Haha... Just thought would write it again to cover myself.

Edited by jaime bray