Woodland Management, East Midlands/Derbyshire

Hi all,

In the current economic downturn, and wanting to keep my hand in with practical arboriculture/forestry, i was wondering if anybody knew of or had a small piece of woodland that required management, for a cheap day rate...

I am willing to work cheap due to the fact that i simply wish to enjoy the peaceful benefits of doing a saturday/sunday a week working at my own pace and being left to my own demise...something about getting out into the woodland to fell trees, possibly make fence posts etc or clear an area for coppicing seems to appeal to me...if anybody knows of anything i'm defo interested...

Thanks...:001_smile:

Hello...

So your the man i should contact then...

Basically i left college and now sit in an office, writing reports, consulting etc...whic.h after working for a year for a large tree surgery company is starting to get to me, i need to be outside for a while if you know what i mean!!!

Therefore anything will do...i have a number of certificates, an ND and tree climbing experience...

Thanks...

do you want to pm me your contact info, and i will speak to our reserves guys to see if they have anything on, i know they are doing a fair bit of scrub clearance at cheedale and also willow regen removal at willington (i think) im based over on the River Dove, and suspect most of my work wouldnt be much use to you as i am only doing occasional felling but more looking at how to manage woody material in the river and bankside trees, but if you want to meet up for a chat just let me know.

Another bet depending on your location might be to volunteer as a ranger at carsington with seven trent as they do a bit of coppice and thinning in house (the bigger bits of woodland are managed on contract)

Charlie

Thats excellent, thanks for all the info...i'm based over near Ashbourne so not to far from you...I shall contact severn trent and see if i can get anywhere with that...in terms of some minor work this will always be useful for my practice and ensure that i maintian my skill level.

Thanks again,

and arb dating sounds like it could go wrong, more blokes then women i'm thinking...