Rope Knight Throw weight

Paul Smith

Hmmmm..... Great Lakes diminishing water levels....?

Too much freshwater from melting ice caps causing sea levels to rise?

Britain saturated? Droughts in Africa?

Isn't it time some big civil engineering projects built some pipelines to move freshwater around the globe as well as petro-chem? :001_huh:

Problem solved.

Other than how to make money out of it obviously.... :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for reading the articles and your interest in the RopeArmour.

Is there anything in particular you liked or disliked in the articles? Have they changed the way you work? Just interested in your thoughts.

Its our five yr anniversary. RopeArmours first public presentation was at your Arbfair.

2008 was a an awesome year. Keep on keepin' on

I hope to have a few there. Mb even I'll show up. Hope for some rep.

Cheers

Thomas

Issue 1: 1 hand v 2 hands- very full article, has definitely made me think carefully about my technique for a difficult cut.

Issue 2: making the cut- good to have them listed in one place with pros and cons for each. I now visualise each cut before making it, and it really works!

Issue 3: positioning- good to get a basic understanding of biomechanics. Arb climbing is physically demanding on even a fit person-

good to learn how to be efficient, how to use gravity not fight it etc.

Really enjoy the technical side of climbing, come from an engineering background so I always follow the new bits of kit (RK, rope wrench etc) with interest. This said, I'm only happy high in a tree!

BTW I worked out in Canada for 5 months a couple years back, wished I'd never left! I have a girlfriend in Hamilton, hopefully coming to see her again soon.

Max

Thomas

Issue 1: 1 hand v 2 hands- very full article, has definitely made me think carefully about my technique for a difficult cut.

Issue 2: making the cut- good to have them listed in one place with pros and cons for each. I now visualise each cut before making it, and it really works!

Issue 3: positioning- good to get a basic understanding of biomechanics. Arb climbing is physically demanding on even a fit person-

good to learn how to be efficient, how to use gravity not fight it etc.

Really enjoy the technical side of climbing, come from an engineering background so I always follow the new bits of kit (RK, rope wrench etc) with interest. This said, I'm only happy high in a tree!

BTW I worked out in Canada for 5 months a couple years back, wished I'd never left! I have a girlfriend in Hamilton, hopefully coming to see her again soon.

Max

Thanks so much for input, just sent off another article "Managing saws in the Trees". Few bits of insight, hope you find it a decent read.

The Hammer is where I finally went full time with my biz.

All the benefits of big city without all the headaches of a big city. Its a real gem. Did you get a chance to see the Liriodendron in Dundas? Biggest tree/crown I ahve seen in Ontario except for an American elm in Caledon.

Mb will get a chance to share a pint.:thumbup1:

Oh yeah here is collection of pics showing how to Connect the RopeKnights in tandem for the big, tall and messy trees covered in vines, understory etc.

I have used this a few times mostly in big old conifers.

59766441cba60_RopeKnightDuo.jpg.5e1f23aaf55ff817818f8b83a1f22215.jpg

Edited by RopeKnight

Thanks so much for input, just sent off another article "Managing saws in the Trees". Few bits of insight, hope you find it a decent read.

The Hammer is where I finally went full time with my biz.

All the benefits of big city without all the headaches of a big city. Its a real gem. Did you get a chance to see the Liriodendron in Dundas? Biggest tree/crown I ahve seen in Ontario except for an American elm in Caledon.

Mb will get a chance to share a pint.:thumbup1:

Oh yeah here is collection of pics showing how to Connect the RopeKnights in tandem for the big, tall and messy trees covered in vines, understory etc.

I have used this a few times mostly in big old conifers.

Cool, looking forward to that. And no, I haven't seen the Liriodendron yet, have to ask the long suffering Amanda to find it for me, she works in Dundas, off Highway 8.

Defo looking forward to a pint, what I crave most of all has to be Timmies!!

Looks like the ropeknight is a must, I'll be sure to give it a fair test and give you some feedback.

Cheers buddy.

• 2 weeks later...

We have new idea for adding weight to your RopeKnight.

Heavy guage soldering wire! Lead free, soft and malleable.

Insert into the stainless steel weighted end hole and twist around the body.

Works a treat and it is possible to to get your weight up to 20 oz or more.

The aerodynamics is maintained with the nose weight forward, still very smooth and near frictionless and is a simple inexpensive, clean and unobtrusive adjustment to make.

So if you can't afford multiple throw weights and want the high flying, responsive and predictable smoothness of a Ropeknight with the added benefit of adjusting the weight per requirements of specific trees. This ticks all the boxes!:thumbup:

Cheers.