Rope Knight Throw weight

Paul Smith

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It does bounce around quite like a Nerf football. Closest thing I can compare it to. Foam protector is for the training colleges, clay tile roof, floats for water, Search and rescue or rookie throwers. It is more visible if you need to follow or retrieve for your TIP.

I ahve a video of it bouncing around in a Silver Maple if you would like to see it, I will load it to youtube? Throws nicely out of the hand for a nice touch down throw and drops out of thick crowns well with the added weight. works fine with the BS as well.

Personally I have used mine twice. Once over parked cars that could not be moved and another over a greenhouse and both times it was removed because there was no chance of hitting anything because the lower crown would catch the fall. Still for the first few tosses it was a welcome assurance that the soft foam would prevent a Bmr from gettin dinged or calling on my glasing skills. :lol:

Thanks for the question .:thumbup:

Cheers

Ok, Ive had my Rope Knight a few months now and I have never got it stuck!:thumbup: I was going to do a video but to be honest Thomas's latest video shows everything I wanted to.

It does take a little time to adjust to but it is very good when you get away from the feeling of launching a stainless weight aloft.

A couple of things I didn't like. It comes in a plastic case with all accessories inside which is great but for me I would prefer a bag that I could throw in with my cube. There are lots of attachments to make it possible to use it without a big shot but for me this seems a bit of a waste as I nearly always use the big shot. The large padding also would be pretty much redundant but again I'm sure it would protect valuable old tiles or PV solar panels.

On the positive side, its accurate and more importantly doesn't get stuck! I tried to get it stuck in some tight crotches and there were occasions where I thought it was going to get stuck but with a little manipulation it always came out.

For me it is great for the big shot but I would recommend it is sold with a bag with minimum attachments which could be added if requested.This would keep down the cost and use less space in your kit. All in all a great piece of kit! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting this Paul.

That seals the deal for me because I can't throw for sh1t. I use the BigShot for everything over 35ft and if the branch is under that I throw my Highball like a ball, funnily enough.

As mentioned on another thread, I've found the Highball effective because it's much more accurate than a throw bag but if it hits a branch on the way up it bounces like a mutha. Not always a bad thing though.

Do I want a RopeKnight? Yes!

Will I get one? Don't know.

Sadly it's still a lot of dosh and I can't see that it can make me more profitable although I do agree with every one of Thomas' arguements for the advantages.

It will surely make life easier though and that is the benefit lies for me. If I ever get that spare money lieing around I'll get one.