Extraction trailer for Quad?

ChissayLuke

Hi, does anyone have an opinion on this trailer to go behind a quad?

Logic | THT200 - Timber Hauler

It looks quite useful for small extraction work but I would value any thoughts before buying one.

Thanks.

I have one, its great you can get stuff out through narrow trees and mine will pull out a couple of small birch trunks out 8"dbh 25ft long without it even knowing that there is anything on the back, with very little impact. its good with bigger lmps as well 20" dia logs for my alaskan in 12ft lenghts are not a problem. What i will say is try and skid the timber out in as long a pole as possible as mine doesnt like stuff under 8ft as it doesnt sit in the bunk well enough to grip properly.

Forestry Quad Winch Skidder | eBay

like this, I wondered too

I saw that it looked a really good design especially with the fold down spades for skidding stuff to the arch if your working on sloping ground