Volumes of wood per day?

ecotreecare

Just wondering what volume of wood people can split in a day using what gear?

We use a blockbuster processor with a hydro axe splitting head. We load the log deck with our fordson super major. The wood gets elevated into our 13t Isuzu truck which holds 10 cube.

We usually can saw and split between 50-60 cube a day.

How many is that? I reckon for good flow with machinery 3 people is good if you have em.

60 is impressive. My yearly supply would be sorted by lunch.:thumbup:

To be fair that is three guys, one loading the log deck with the tractor and tipping the trucks off (the slow part). One in the cab of the processor and one splitting.

We don't actually sell that much wood a year, probably around the 1000 cube mark, we split wood for other people. They get it delivered to our yard and we split it for them or we can move the processor around to forestry blocks and split wood on site.

Chopping wood with an axe wont keep you fit, just kn**ker your body.

LOL! Horses for courses... I only do about 100 cubes a year for my own use and for exercise, then sell the surplus. If it was a full-time business, I'd be using machinery like everyone else - but no point doing that for what is effectively just a trip to the gym 3 times a week.