Difference between a strimmer and a brush cutter

ATC1983

ATC1983, if you do use the strimmer, then nibble into the grass gently - few inches with each sweep. Brushcutter will be easier though, will put less stress on the engine and generally make less mess.

Re the hedge, as said earlier in this thread, the width might be the really problem for you. Have you checked how wide it is, and whether you'll be able to reach?

Used Ryobi brush cutter and extension shaft for hedges - need to get another extension shaft for later use to double it up - didn't quite get the top of the hedges - am absolutely wrecked after over 12 hours at it.

e64yur.jpg[/img]

4vh2jn.jpg[/img]

2jdj6tk.jpg

96jjtw.jpg

2njc2nk.jpg

33f3zw0.jpg

2n1ay9u.jpg

Edited by ATC1983

Keep at it and you'll get quicker. There's a job I did a few years back for a local organisation that took all day and earned me £80. I did it myself a few weeks ago, it took less than half day and earned me £120 after expenses. And i went back last week and earned £60 for an hour :)

If you're going to do more hedges, then think about treating yourself to a large tripod ladder with adjustable legs. They make it so much safer and easier.

Cheers - up for round 2 tomorrow, with two gardens to do. One at £30, just for hedging, which will be easy, and a mate's garden for £20 (he's on benefits), so at least something in the diary.

Got talking to the neighbour of that garden today and have quoted him £26 / hour to clear his back - it is overgrown to 5 ft with bushes, thorns, and small trees. I'm charging £13 per labourer - so the cost per hour is for two labourers. This will be the most I've ever charged, and my prices are increasing and I feel more confident increasing them now I'm starting to know the job and all my tools.

Went too cheap before out of fear of being exposed as an amateur, but there should be around 4-7 days in this next job, depending on who's helping me out, so it should be a good earner.

Cheers - up for round 2 tomorrow, with two gardens to do. One at £30, just for hedging, which will be easy, and a mate's garden for £20 (he's on benefits), so at least something in the diary.

Got talking to the neighbour of that garden today and have quoted him £26 / hour to clear his back - it is overgrown to 5 ft with bushes, thorns, and small trees. I'm charging £13 per labourer - so the cost per hour is for two labourers. This will be the most I've ever charged, and my prices are increasing and I feel more confident increasing them now I'm starting to know the job and all my tools.

Went too cheap before out of fear of being exposed as an amateur, but there should be around 4-7 days in this next job, depending on who's helping me out, so it should be a good earner.

Thanks for posting the pictures and I am happy to hear that your increasing

your prices to help with covering your overhead. I am confident that you will be knocking at Mr. Net profits door in the future.:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy