PROW strimming work - anyone got a RA i can have a look at???

arbmark

Hi All,

Grovel.......As title really - plus i am not sure how best to manage public safety and the most efficient way to tie this is in with work patterns for a team of two. Any help appreciated - the footpaths criss-cross a nature reserve but there are a couple of long stretches (700m and 400m). My arb RA's dont fit too well!

Cheers

Mark

:biggrin:

My workmate has got an RA somewhere for this. Long and short - you need to keep people out of your work area - tape off the paths you're working on. Work on set areas together so you have a look out. Once that bit complete then move to another path, close that off and do that one. Common sense - don't strim when people are within 25m. Choose a time to do it when it's likely to be less busy. The areas we're responsible for we try to strim as early as poss in the morning.

Are you insured for strimming in public places? Might find your arb insurance doesn't cover you. If so, you might be better off leaving it to a pro landscaping firm who know what they're doing re the risk assessments etc.

thanks pedroski - good advice - along the lines i was thinking. i do need to check the insurance - it is pretty broad but need to be sure, or at least notify. i'm not totally green to rights of way stuff but any advice appreciated. i do other countryside stuff aswell. essentially safe distance from public and planning of route and signage/barriers seems to be key to a safe execution of works. famous last words.....

cheers

mark