shot gun licence

timb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have my interview with the firearms officer on wednesday, does anyone have any idear of what he shall ask me / what i need to know. Thanks

About your job/general life

Who you kick about with (no drug dealers or terrorists)

Marital status - especially if you are divorced.

History/experience with guns and general shooting

Get some nice biscuits and ask questions, they like people who ask questions (as long as they are the right sort!) in my experience. Mae sure there isn't anything lying about - cartridges, knives etc.

Best of luck :)

Had both firearms and shotgun. They are a profiler in a way, they are there to get an insight into who is wanting a gun.

Tea or coffee always goes down well, they will look at cabinet to make sure it's fixed ok and suitable for the guns.

It's a good chat and to find out what you know about gun safety etc. ou should find they are resonable and nice people, don't worry about being nervous either they are used to that.

Definatly ask any questions you have no matter how stupid they may sound to you.

Have you sent the application off yet? I got told not to until after the visit so he could read it through and correct any mistakes or questions I had, saved the form going back and forth.

thanks for the info, i have already filled the form in and sent it off about 4 weeks ago. just wondered if there were any kind of pass / fail questions, bar witch end is the bad end

If only you have a ticket then only you can have access to the cabinet. Under no circumstances should your wife or anyone else have access to the keys. I have known a renewal get refused because when the FLO turned up the husband was out but the wife thought she was been helpful by offering to open the cabinet!

There is nothing like that.

Obviously if you have swastikers hanging on your walls and I love hitler t shirt there is a high chance you will not get it. :lol:

The main things to worry about are thing like depression treated by doctor in the past, or any grief like a divorce or past pains with an ex that ended badly, things like this.

Don't worry about anything, if they think you shouldn't be allowed a gun you won't get one, just be a nice guy and responsible person.

Shotguns are not as tight as firearms IMO. I think you will have nothing to worry about, don't loose sleep over it. You never know he may well have you certificate with him already for you to sign.