Hitchclimber crack

Ewan Murray

Looks normal to me, I,m not sure about dmm,s process but usually the plates would be bundled into a tub full of abrasive beads to polish out slight imperfections, just looks like yours still has one of those manufacturing marks that failed to get polished out it should not affect strength.

Pretty sure one of my hc,s has the same not got my kit with me now to check though.

But please send an email to dmm with the pic.

just send it back to DMM and request a new one. i am absolutely sure they wont have a problem with doing that for you. If you dont feel comfortable with it than they will help you out no doubt. I looked on all 3 of my hitchclimbers and didn't see anything like it. Probably nothing to worry about, but probably isn't good enough. DMM will take care of you.

I got the same thing on one of my HC. It's one of the older versions (24kn mbs) and its only on the one side. Yours the same? It doesn't look like a crack to me though, more like slight cosmetic defect maybe. Either way I recon it's always been there and only noticed it cos of this thread and that the adonised coating has been worn away. Be interested to find out what DMM say. Im not worried and will still use it cos everything else is perfect with it.

I sent an email to Dmm just waiting on a reply i use a spiderjack but i use my hitchlimber on my shorter lines and when im using my RopeWrench, im not particularly worried about it just irritating and wondering if its my fault or just one of those things that happens when they get older

I sent an email to Dmm just waiting on a reply i use a spiderjack but i use my hitchlimber on my shorter lines and when im using my RopeWrench, im not particularly worried about it just irritating and wondering if its my fault or just one of those things that happens when they get older

Give them a day or so longer - it's bank holiday here today :)

Just checked one of mine today, and it has the same in one place, checked among my colleagues who also have a couple of hc,s and one also had the same.

To be honest I thought I remembered seeing it but never gave it any thought, after a while they get heavily worn anyway so what's a tiny cosmetic defect as long as it does not affect functionality.