Onwards and upwards.....

Pedroski

No longer satisfied with a life of hardship, loads of kids, no holidays etc sob sob.... I have just incorporated a limited company with Companies House and am going to make something out of the years of study and research I have done, and utilise my wonderful network of contacts.

I'm hopeful that getting something going now, while times are pretty tough, will lead to something good when times improve. We shall see. Keep an eye out for Roots Environmental Limited in the future :) Web site will be up over the coming days - domains already registered, and company certificate from Companies House is sitting on my desk. Wish me luck :biggrin:

Cheers Simon -Roots supercharger was one of my favourite shiny things too, when I were a lad :) Used to drool over Hot Rod mag! Like the idea of a breakfast club..... 4 rashers of smokey bacon and sausages straight from the local butcher, fried bread, toms, beans, eggs...... I'm hungry already....

Waz, the plan is to make use of contacts with various consultancies, waste firms, landscaping firms etc, to provide a service for both small and large contaminated land projects. I want to provide a service going from ground assessment right through to the final planting and landscaping schemes. Also looking at feasibility for geo and air source heat pumps. I'm in contact with people in these sectors all the time, and also with various university research departments, and with suitability qualified professionals, and think I've been wasting opportunities for a long time! My plan is evolving, and I'm working on someone I know who owns a venture capitalist firm......

Good luck Dr. Ped - good to use your skills to the full.

I remember when I was breaking out of a corporate job in IT and working through the courses, doing jobs for friends at weekends - people said I was mad.

Then when our company started making people redundant they all said I was lucky because I had something else to go into.

Haven't stopped laughing since.

Keep positive - its like they say 'I can if...' rather than 'I can't because'

No doubt we can call on your expertise at some point.

Shane

Great idea to have one company to oversee ther whole project like that. I was talking to someone at the Eden Project last year about how they had just been given permission to start drilling for their geothermal heat extraction, like the idea of harnessing that source of energy and definately the way forward. Good luck