spiders

Louise

I have a field and it is covered in spiders, every step you take they are jumping out of your way, I would almost go as far to say an infestation, so why do I have so many spiders and they are all the same species, well they look the same small ish and black with white zigzags down their backs, can anyone explain this? :confused1:

Hi David i hadn't thought about that there isn't that many flies no more then usual and I haven't had any horses or livestock on the land for a couple of years. Mind the field is very sheltered with woodland.

Tinker I'm not sure if that is them I'll have a proper look next time I'm up at the land but I love the little cartoon thats want they do blink twice and jump out of the way, love it

Hi easy-lift guy you're right the spiders aren't a problem I'm just really curious as to why i have so many. i spend much of my spare time walking many different landscapes and I have never see anything else like it and this isn't a one off thing it happens every year and they don't appear to decline in numbers all through the summer season. like I say just very curious Louise

Hi easy-lift guy you're right the spiders aren't a problem I'm just really curious as to why i have so many. i spend much of my spare time walking many different landscapes and I have never see anything else like it and this isn't a one off thing it happens every year and they don't appear to decline in numbers all through the summer season. like I say just very curious Louise

Were alike from that standpoint:thumbup1: Nature is and always has left me with more questions than answers. Here in Florida the amount of insects, reptiles, and animals is really something to marvel at. I watched a Brown Widow spider give birth to about 100 of her babies Two years ago and when I check on the brewed the next day Mom was still around but the kids were all gone to, another example of nature taking it course when the food supply can not support the population.

easy-lift guy