Does anyone have any manuals for a 1986 JCB 525b tele

gensetsteve

If it gives further trouble test the small wire voltage with it connected by probeing the back of terminal, it should still read 12v ,if there is a poor conection in the circuit the voltage can drop when under extra load. If the voltage has droped The problem is normally located at the dash,ie bulb or fitting or the loom harness conections. One of the loom conectors being at fault would explain loss of other systems,lights, charging and forward/reverse if fitted with power shuttle are all common to this fault. If you ever see one of these plugs apart you'll see why.

Thanks for that. I think the problem is in the dash. I started the truck and after about 5 mins it started charging. I think it used to do this years ago when the old alt was fitted. There is no light on dash when eng stopped but ign turned on. All lamps look good but not one works.

Should always have a battery lamp.you need ti find out why that aint working,try checking the connections on the ignition switch. If the battery light doesn't work it's because of a fault between your ignition source and the small alternator terminal. Effectively the voltage travels from ignition switch to bulb to alternator. if the bulb ain't on it's either not getting sufficient voltage from ignition or poor earth on the alternator side. Back to work tues,try and find some diagrams for you. Happy new year.

Should always have a battery lamp.you need ti find out why that aint working,try checking the connections on the ignition switch. If the battery light doesn't work it's because of a fault between your ignition source and the small alternator terminal. Effectively the voltage travels from ignition switch to bulb to alternator. if the bulb ain't on it's either not getting sufficient voltage from ignition or poor earth on the alternator side. Back to work tues,try and find some diagrams for you. Happy new year.

Thanks for the help. The problem has been around for years so no great rush. Because we are using the handler more now I thought I would put some time into sorting it out a bit. When it only got used an hr a week we used to just charge the battery back up but now it moves bags about under the processor so alot more stop starting. I would dread to think what the later ones are like with all the electronics this one has been bad enough. I think half the problem is alot of dirt and dust and cables faded and very similar colours. It runs and does what we want so am keen not to make it worst.

I hate working on the modern ones, electrics wise,as the other chap said,all yellow wires with tiny tracer numbers on,relays every where, absolute nightmare. If we can't fix em in a hour we don't bother,let JCB do it,to much hassle for us and can't justify diagnostic equipment. Most customers understand. It aint just JCB though.

Gensetsteve. If possible could you pm me your JCB chassis number. I've found some manuals of various spec machines but electrics manuals total about 150 pages! Should narrow it down.Any particular diagrams you require other than Dash and fuse panel?