Prussik combo!?!

Arran Turner

okay everybody laugh , i always use a prussik loop to climb on ,i've try'ed combo's and other hitches but always come back to it ,it makes your body very strong all that thrusting and stuff and theres never any slack, if it tightens (very rare) then it's 2 seconds to loosen up ,loosen it up a lot and your very fast in the crown.

prob second best prussik loop hitch would be a klemhiest but it's a bit tight, a very good hitch is a french prussik but you need a tail ,spiced eye at each end, best to practice the lenth you need by tieing off first before you get it made and it needs to be thin rope nothing over 8mill ,it's super fast.

Why do you need a spliced eye tail for French Prusik? The French Prusik (autoblock) I like for rapp back-up is done with a Prusik loop.

i get what you mean, just saw it on youtube yours is like on a bite with the loop, i tried it but it's a bit too stiff like klemhiest, good for drt footlocking though ,but on a regular system using a single strand it frees up that much better.

i get what you mean, just saw it on youtube yours is like on a bite with the loop, i tried it but it's a bit too stiff like klemhiest, good for drt footlocking though ,but on a regular system using a single strand it frees up that much better.

5 or 6mm works well with the loop. I can imagine anything fatter being too stiff like as you say.