interesting loader for quad bike.

ive been looking at ways to lift timber onto my trailer. this is not strong enough but i like the idea.

ATV Front Loader - Power Loader

if anybody has an ideas how i can use my winch on my quad to load onto a small forestry trailer and also i need to pickup logs to load onto a saw mill (50cm).

thanks as always

nope - the front rack of most quads is only rated at say 60kg and with the engine well forward it won't lift much extended out like that.

I have a Suzuki Eiger ok only small as they go but very useful. I made up some woodland chains so I can drag out say 1 ft dia by 8 ft long logs out, or with x3 chains pull out three 6inch 8ft poles. That way I don't do any lifting untill loading the trailer.

I haven't tested it but you could use the 'old loading method' of having side ramps on the trailer with a loop rope to roll the logs on.

why not set up something like the horse loggers use for loading trailers, where you set up your trailer with two timbers from the edge to the ground, and then roll the logs up these onto the trailer, but rather than rolling you could just pull them up with the winch if they were bigger logs

I will try and find a picture of what I mean, there is a DVD called low impact forestry workshop its filmed in the states with horse loggers but there are some go thought provoking ideas on how to use the site to your advantage, such as if you have and slopes you stack your timber above the ride then pull up with the trailer and roll the logs up some bearers onto the trailer! simples

Nice video, reminds me of last winter, fingers crossed for some decent snow. Perhaps they should deploy horses to keep the cities moving!

Yeah, it's good to see how things used to be done without grapple loaders and such. As Charlie says, if you are going to be loading by hand, think smart and make things easier for yourself, otherwise you'll just end up with a bad back and big bollocks.