Tombstoneing.

timberbear

No it's council owned and one of the biggest in Wales. Apparently years go they had a chap who didn't like strimming the saplings down, then as the saplings grew the grass cutters refused to cut them down because that was the job of the Arb team, then the grave diggers wanted to cut them down but were told they couldn't do it cause they were grave diggers, e Arb team wouldn't do them cause they were saplings and that the gardeners should do it. The gardeners wouldn't do them because fifteen years later they are now trees, then the departments got split up and the work was left. So to cut a Long story short they got a group of volunteers in, but health and safety said they can't do it. So they rang me and I said I'd do it.

Tidy looking job. I'd be no good in there,to easily distracted,can't help but read head stones. Bet there's some interesting ones amongst those they look pretty old.

Loved and hated working in grave yards in the UK. Loved the peace and quiet and reading some of the head stones, hunting down the oldest etc. Hated reading those of all the servicemen who died in the wars. Always took the time for a little word of thanks before carrying on with the job.

Firewood man, how's tricks? Yep it's Catheys, and all that lovely ash has gone to there bio mass boiler to keep the lads dry and warm all day whilst they sit around moaning that they got crap jobs and their underpaid! Made me cry when I got told I couldn't have the wood!

Firewood man, how's tricks? Yep it's Catheys, and all that lovely ash has gone to there bio mass boiler to keep the lads dry and warm all day whilst they sit around moaning that they got crap jobs and their underpaid! Made me cry when I got told I couldn't have the wood!

guess they wont be burning my wood this year then, about time they did some work:001_cool: