Forestry Commission scraps Magna Carta right to collect woods from forests

Dagmar

Maybe - but the sentiment expressed is valid.

Why is it in a time when fuel is becoming vastly more expensive, does the Commision feel that it is a time to stop giving out licences?

Does the governments drive towards carbon nuetral emmisions and energy renewables only apply to big business? Does the individuals efforts not count?

Let us not forget that our Woodlands are publicly owned - it is not the private estate the FC treats it as.

And for the record, since its inception, the FC has an unblemished record of being unable to find its own arse without a map. Its mismangement of public forests is the butt of jokes among foresters right accros europe.

Now that's a well constructed arguement with no trace of knee-jerk, anti-establishment tantrums.

I have no idea as to the FCs motives - maybe they are panicking that the forests will be stripped clean by the poverty stricken masses. Who knows - I agree its unlikely to be any real hazard fears.

I wasn't even aware that "the common man" (there's a term for solicitors to argue about for hours!) had a right to graze the forests for deadwood. I doubt there were many who were aware of its existence. On that basis, I find it depressing that the first reaction was to rail against the inequities of modern living.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's a well constructed arguement with no trace of knee-jerk, anti-establishment tantrums.

I have no idea as to the FCs motives - maybe they are panicking that the forests will be stripped clean by the poverty stricken masses. Who knows - I agree its unlikely to be any real hazard fears.

I wasn't even aware that "the common man" (there's a term for solicitors to argue about for hours!) had a right to graze the forests for deadwood. I doubt there were many who were aware of its existence. On that basis, I find it depressing that the first reaction was to rail against the inequities of modern living.

I doubt that on a football or plumbing forum, such a thing would would not even raise comment, but on a forum where chainsaws, firewood, forestry and trees are regularly discussed, then surely the reaction is most likely to be negative.

I appreciate that with you being part of the establishment, complaints against it are not likely to fall on sympathetic ears, and sarcastic comments about whinging are the ordeur de jour.

But some of us have spent a lot of time dealing with the FC, and this is yet more evidence of their continued bungling.