Climbing in public places??

Arran Turner

Try not to be to blatant with the areas you choose to climb. Common sense would tell you if there are loads of members of the public about you are going to get some "hassle"

Back when i first started climbing, i would go off all the time on my own climbing any tree that took my fancy, just got on with it. Early morning is a good time, tell somebody where you are going and an ETA and have your mobile on you. Maybe a bit dangerous but its your call and you take the risk. We take a risk everytime we step out the front door. I was keen and wanted to learn. Im glad i did it because it sped up the process of becoming a climbing arborist. Do rock climbers seek permission??

I've been asked to leave land a couple of times and had police called on me once!! Just go for it mate! You won't go to jail for it! I generally ask the landowners permission if it's local! One guy I knew had a huge beautiful oak that I wanted to climb so I rang him to ask said I'd even deadwood it for free and he flatly refused, I'd even done the guy previously a huge amount of tree work at an excellent price!! Some people can be really funny about their trees!!

I went out yesterday and really enjoyed it will help greatly on speed strength and quick thinking, I put my dad as ice on my phone ( in case of emergency )and told him when I was going up and told him I'll call him in an hour to say I'm out if not he should call me, just incase anything did happen.

So much fun. I will be out most days during my Xmas break from college.

Loved it, cycled there climbed then cycled home, the simplicity was great.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: