prusik on flip line???

straight fell

What i can remember the prussik was what you learned with and inevitably get comfortable with.

I looked for a change because by the time you add slack in your harness, mallion and then karabiner the prussik seemed to be at a very vulnerable position to be cut by your saw hence negating the point of having a wire core flipline.

I like Mortens suggestion of the short cut off strap and using the distel or vt knot , good ideas i shall be taking on board.:thumbup:

The pulley is tending the friction hitch, so you don't have to :001_tongue:

(sorry for the derail of the thread)

Right... there's a pulley too?? Jeez I'm sticking to prussiks...

My emoticons aren't working otherwise you would see that I'm laughing!

Nice talking to you Morten.

John.

Thanks for the vid Steve, good dismantle, enjoyed it, takes me back... Unfortunately couldn't really see what was going on with your hitch, I reckon the only way I'm going to understand is to see the kit in action.

Edit: We do seem to have got away from the original question... Apologies to OP (again).

Just read my first post on this and i feel using the word ' stupidity ' was not right and could be taken out of context. In no way do i refer to the people who use this system as such.

Apologies if any offence taken.:blushing:

massive offence taken....will never speak to u again:001_tt2:

Thanks for the vid Steve, good dismantle, enjoyed it, takes me back... Unfortunately couldn't really see what was going on with your hitch, I reckon the only way I'm going to understand is to see the kit in action.

Edit: We do seem to have got away from the original question... Apologies to OP (again).

no problem gramps :biggrin: learning quite a bit to be honest, good stuff :thumbup1: