Advertising!!

shooterjim

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, I had 1000 glossy postcards made up from printing.com (very highly recommended) and they are working a treat this winter. Everytime i drop a load of firewood off to someone i flyer their neighbours etc i dont go out of my way to drop off flyers, just when its convenient. Also have advert in the local parish rag. And the firewood directory.

I've relocated 6 months ago so felt it was important this winter to establish myself quickly and get word out of my firewood business locally to me. Word of mouth is still working very well also. Set a budget for advertising and stick to it (mine was £150 for this winter).

Cheers

unless you are prepared to invest time and money in advertising in your facebook page then i do not believe the results are very impressive.

However, if you are prepared to spend some money on advertising to your local market then you will soon seen the results! Basically unless an advert for your company appears on a potential clients screen then they will not know about you.

I know also put "find us on facebook" on all my adverts.

Windfall Logging | Facebook

Yep but you have to pay.

Once your page is set up you can make an advert, its dead easy to do, first you need to assign a credit card to your facebook account, they automatically take payment weekly or every two days depending on how much money your spending.

Then as part of the advert you get to choose your demographics or who your advert is seen by. I can select Isle of Man and my advert is only seen my manx residents, i can also choose over 20 years old and lots more.

For other retailers its even better, if you sell tennis rackets then you can only advertise to those users who have tennis as a hobby! It really is a superb advertising tool.

You can set an adervtising budget for the whole campaign of say $50 then you can set the amount your willing to pay for every person who clicks on your advert say $1 (its all in USD), but you dont really pay $1 per click there is some kind of auction in the code so if someone only said they will pay a max of 50cents then you win and the ad is displayed for a cost of 51 cents.

Or you can set a maximum spend per day, say $20, then once your $20 is gone then the ad is not displayed.