Farmi masterspilt wp30 / wp36

yebaws

Thinking about buying one of these and would be grateful for some feedback from somebody who has one (rather than somebody selling them:001_smile:).

I'm working with some fairly heavy cords (3m, 14" diameter waterlogged) and need to cut to 50cm lengths. I'm wondering particularly if the timber lifter and splitter is up to it.

These models seem to be cheaper than many and my budget is tight, but I don't want to buy a goose....

Thanks.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one, had it for about a year. Good machine. I've got the road towable one with the log lift on, it will cut up to 15". Very good value for money. Where do you live? If you are close to sunderland you're welcome to have a go on mine before you buy.

Does the lifter ever fail to take the weight of a cord? And how easy is it to clear a jam from the splitter?

Thanks for the offer of a try. I'm in the Scottish Highlands so unfortunately nowhere near....

The log-lifter will lift anything that will go through the machine in my experience. Its not excessively guarded so clearing a jam from the splitter is easy enough. Only goes up to a 6-way blade as far as I know though, and I find anything over 10" or so you'll end up with big logs like slices of cake that'll need feeding through twice. Its very quick with smaller cordwood (less than 12") but with 12"+ stuff I find it easier to just use a chainsaw&splitter.

The log-lifter will lift anything that will go through the machine in my experience. Its not excessively guarded so clearing a jam from the splitter is easy enough. Only goes up to a 6-way blade as far as I know though, and I find anything over 10" or so you'll end up with big logs like slices of cake that'll need feeding through twice. Its very quick with smaller cordwood (less than 12") but with 12"+ stuff I find it easier to just use a chainsaw&splitter.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that. Is it easy enough to drop cut logs that need more splitting straight into the splitting chamber?

Yes it is, I just find it can be simpler to split larger rings with a logsplitter as i've got more control of the results and theres more power to go through knots etc. Having said that with cord around 10" diameter the processor is very quick and easy to use, I wouldnt go back to chainsaw&logsplitter or axe for this.

Yes it is, I just find it can be simpler to split larger rings with a logsplitter as i've got more control of the results and theres more power to go through knots etc. Having said that with cord around 10" diameter the processor is very quick and easy to use, I wouldnt go back to chainsaw&logsplitter or axe for this.

do you have the wp30 or wp36?

wp30, I think the wp36 has a bit more power& slightly quicker but the splitting knives are the same. The wp36 will handle 15" cord but with a 6-way knife you'll be feeding stuff this size through more than once to produce standard size logs. Not necessarily a problem, just my personal preference to use an 11 ton splitter for material of this size.