Samson Arbormaster Rope

Arborlord

Arbomaster Is A very good 1/2" rope but never been pushed in the UK Market, lighter than XTC but not by much, A solid core consuction giv]ing good long term shape, soft in the hand but stands up to the abrasion well, and stable.

if its this kind of rope type you like, look also at Eldrid Xperance, more monye but a little thiner but much lighter,

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I prefer Arbor master to XTC. TC milks a lot where as arbor master doesn't

Jamie

Good point Jamie, it might have been TC we were using when we experanced the milking.. This is Samson correct.

Blue Streak (Arbor Master) seams to be the standard in the 16 plait construction when you look at popular rope in the USA.

Have I read from a forum that AM has a waxy coating???? Don't quote me here as I may be wrong?

Yale make XTC (not TC like in your post and my miss quote) and Samson make Arbormaster. Arbormaster does have a waxier coating (i cant remember what their urathane is called, I think Yale use MaxiJacket). I have no problems with it being waxier.

Yale is a much softer rope and more supple. I think some of the anti stretch properties from Arbormaster comes from the solid yards in the strands, have you taken any Arbormaster apart Tony?

I do however like XTCs bright orange rope, nice and easy to see.

Jamie

My Error I did mean XTC sorry. I certainly helps to have a large market with Volume of rope sales to source custom yarns, these bright colours are quite expensive and have large Min order qty but do look good.

When you look at all the popular ropes today they are using the bright colours rather then standard Red, White and Blue. Is this just a trend I ask?

I can't comment on prices of rope yarn colour, i can say that bright is better than white.

I like looking down and being able to differentiate between ropes quicly and easily.

Thats a side point to actual rope construction and handling.

Jamie

One other point I just thought of is manufacturers these days tend to make the same spec rope in different colours and market it as different names.. Maybe this is to give distributors exclusives.

NE Tachyon and Lightning Rope - Same thing different colours