rope wrench ZK-1

Cary Gibson

Can anyone post up a video (other than the promo one) so i can see how well you guys get on with it.

Send me a camera and I will.:biggrin:

Would be interested in seeing one too. Really want to see how it works on real climb.

Also how easy are those pins to get or where can they be sourced? If they can be attached midline I could see myself making use of one.

I got the Pins from a friend in the states they are made by Vlier and supplied by Industrial Supplies from Reid Supply.

SRT is fine but DRT is still king in my opinion.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think I'd use one full time, mainly due to the fact that you would need a lower anchor point on stronger timber, but instead of climbing up to get a clear run a line to AP, I'd say it'd be handy to just switch over in the middle of a climb. Also seems like it would be a very minimalist SRT access set up. I'm all for the minimalist approach. That said my kit bag is getting heavier all the time.

Thanks for the link High Scale. Any idea of the size, or which exact pin? There's a heap of them on that site. I have the right page just need to know which one.

Quick Release Ball Lock Pins

Don't think I'd use one full time, mainly due to the fact that you would need a lower anchor point on stronger timber, but instead of climbing up to get a clear run a line to AP, I'd say it'd be handy to just switch over in the middle of a climb. Also seems like it would be a very minimalist SRT access set up. I'm all for the minimalist approach. That said my kit bag is getting heavier all the time.

Thanks for the link High Scale. Any idea of the size, or which exact pin? There's a heap of them on that site. I have the right page just need to know which one.

Quick Release Ball Lock Pins

Ball lock pin, button - 5/16" DIA x 1.0 long.

I must say that a push button pin may not be a good idea, it's very easy to push and release.

Cheers for that. You had yours come out yet by accident?

No, I have not had the chance to use the RW with the pin yet, obviously I take great care when climbing but much more so with a unfamiliar system and after hearing of a friends near accident with the RW I am even more cautious. Using a new system I tend to wait until I'm doing a job that I can take my time on so I'm not distracted by time pressures.

No, I have not had the chance to use the RW with the pin yet, obviously I take great care when climbing but much more so with a unfamiliar system and after hearing of a friends near accident with the RW I am even more cautious. Using a new system I tend to wait until I'm doing a job that I can take my time on so I'm not distracted by time pressures.

Good advice!

Will definitely take it for a few reccy climbs first. Can you tell us what happened to your friend?