Section dismantle by crane

Treegeek

:001_tt1: love crane work :001_cool:

The job wasnt as big as i hoped but it was still a good test the job went as follows:

Our Victim was a wind blown scotts pine on a embankment above a road, part cleared by a callout crew the night before.

firstly looked over the tree not that big but i could see that if we cut it at the butt and craned off the whole thing (well with in the cranes scope) the root plate could roll down hill :scared1:

worked out a number of posible routes and out comes once decided discused with team a system/method of how we were doing things with the understanding that the details could change as we progesed l nominated one man on the bank and one on the road relaying to the crane driver who was briefed on the plan.

To kick off i attached my self to the hook using my climbing line stuffed in to a bag on my harness in case of the need to bail out fast made sense at the time?? then set about cutting most of the top from the stem making sure that if the stem flicked up or dropped i was able to distance my self this went well and soon found that the limbs where a fair size so i needed to use the 44, any we got to the point where the remaining limbs supported the main stem and the plate at this point we chained the stem and took the weight of the stem aided by man on the bank the wieghts i had estimated using the log chart found in previous threads (courtusy of pete mctree i think) cut these limbs and bailed out allowing the crane to lift the complete stem and plate back to upright at that point step cut and allowed the the crane to lift the stem away and on to the deck to be choged this all took about maximium of two hours so a small job but the buzz of having done it was great and im greatfull the groundies and driver who all work together wit co-ordination.

All of this i find sobering as this week last year was the my first week with the firm and prior to that had never climbed:001_smile: i trully have found my nechie and im loving it every day.