Solid Biomass Assurance Scheme

Alycidon

what a waste of time and money

You might be right but nothing ventured nothing gained. I dont have to continue after year one.

People buying a stove will be spending 2k ish usually to have it supplied and installed, they want to know that they are not dealing with cowboys.

A

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately a lot of those people will have no hesitation in spending 2 grand on having a stove installed - but they also have the idea when putting it in that it will be cheap to run, as wood "grows all over the place" - so they then scrat about for the cheapest stuff they can find to stick on it. I've lost count of how many customers log piles I've been over with the moisture meter - but I could count the number of piles that have been 25% or under on my fingers!

There were also several piles that the customer insisted were "good logs these" - though I'd only asked to have a look at them because of the state of their stove and chimney. The "good logs" were exactly what I expected them to be - well over 35% - but there's no telling some people. Funnily enough - one of these customers phoned me just yesterday as there was staining appearing on his bedroom wall, along with a tarry smell, and he wanted to know what caused it!

Andy

Unfortunately a lot of those people will have no hesitation in spending 2 grand on having a stove installed - but they also have the idea when putting it in that it will be cheap to run, as wood "grows all over the place" - so they then scrat about for the cheapest stuff they can find to stick on it. I've lost count of how many customers log piles I've been over with the moisture meter - but I could count the number of piles that have been 25% or under on my fingers!

There were also several piles that the customer insisted were "good logs these" - though I'd only asked to have a look at them because of the state of their stove and chimney. The "good logs" were exactly what I expected them to be - well over 35% - but there's no telling some people. Funnily enough - one of these customers phoned me just yesterday as there was staining appearing on his bedroom wall, along with a tarry smell, and he wanted to know what caused it!

Andy

I hope you advised him that he needs his chimney lined PDQ, failure to do so will lead to smoke and CO2 being emitted into the room.

A