Srt for beginners

atree

I really liked the rope rocket with a HC system. I think the only downfall is the distance of leg stroke you get. Thinking of settin my HC up on an adjustable tether so a longer stroke can be achieved. Then when you are in the canopy you can pull from underneath (drt) to ascend and when you need it close can adjust the hc back down near to you. Will try to get some pictures soon and post in reply to the anchor bridge system thread. Don't spose you want to lend me a Uni Drew. Shouldn't take long in the post.. haha

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something like this : Unicender with Tether and Prusik : SherrillTree Tree Care Equipment

But for the HC. Guess it needs to be dialed in so that the adjuster hitch is a short as possible, in order to get the HC as close as possible in 'work mode' and still give go length adjustment for 'ascent mode'. Im just worried that I won't be able to get it close as when attached directly to the bridge. Guess I will soon find out if that is much of an issue..

Not quite, I spliced my own and I don't have a hitch on it I just clip in and out or short and long.

Ah cool. Im thinking of using one like that though as a tether on my hitchclimber. Also stop teasing me about the Uni:crying::lol:

Ben, when you get one you will wonder why you didn't do it ages ago!

I'm sure you are right. Spoke to Paul, should get down to the 29th May climb or the 18th of June one.. Maybe both. Would be good to put names to faces. Will PM you when I know which one im going to.:thumbup1:

if you get up to aucks bro we will have a couple of unicenders for you to have a play with-i personally cannot get on with srt work but love it for access.

Ordering gear this week for srt,so when i get it ill come up whenever your free if your still keen?

hey adam, definetly. maybe organise am srt trial day or 2? pretty sure weve got enough gear to try everything out for a cple of people..

Yeah sounds good,i should wait untill i've tried stuff first then,just have to book flights thats all.Just rather learn it right than teaching myself.