Matt's fungi finds

Matthew Arnold

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work Matt :thumbup1: Your fung thread is under used and under rated Imo :thumbdown:

I admire your efforts against such a poor response from members and hope you dont let the fact that others may feel they've cornered the fung thread market stop you in your journey :thumbup:

Thank you. I shall get more pics up. There isn't any ID on here yet but hopefully Hama, Monkey D or Gerrit will sift through and help me out.

Good work Matt :thumbup1: Your fung thread is under used and under rated Imo :thumbdown:

I admire your efforts against such a poor response from members and hope you dont let the fact that others may feel they've cornered the fung thread market stop you in your journey

I watch matts thread all the time, everytime:thumbup1:

I have been thinking of late its time for me to move on to new pastures and let you lot run free, so do not EVER think I want have or desire a monopoly on fungi in arbtalk, that is not what I am about and if you knew me you would not have said this.

Matt I am chuffed your doing your own thread, good on ya and keep it up, it isnt always cut and dry with photos, especialy out of focus ones, the sort of thing i would refrain from saying usualy but given this post im quoting here feel It needs saying.

Take your time when photgraphing them, think about the shot, try to capture important details like pore layer, upper surface, stipe or lack of, substrate helps and a scene shot can often give valuable clues.

think Like a science geek, and record the details and we can give you a decent idea of identities. i will now have another look and name these as best i can.:thumbup:

I watch matts thread all the time, everytime:thumbup1:

I have been thinking of late its time for me to move on to new pastures and let you lot run free, so do not EVER think I want have or desire a monopoly on fungi in arbtalk, that is not what I am about and if you knew me you would not have said this.

Matt I am chuffed your doing your own thread, good on ya and keep it up, it isnt always cut and dry with photos, especialy out of focus ones, the sort of thing i would refrain from saying usualy but given this post im quoting here feel It needs saying.

Take your time when photgraphing them, think about the shot, try to capture important details like pore layer, upper surface, stipe or lack of, substrate helps and a scene shot can often give valuable clues.

think Like a science geek, and record the details and we can give you a decent idea of identities. i will now have another look and name these as best i can.:thumbup:

Cheers Hama. At the moment i am using my mums camera (Olympus FE-280). Most of the close up shots are taken on supermacro. And it takes me sometimes 10 attempts for the focus to sort itself out. We have a big fungi book in our office. I shall get the ISBN code and order one off the A'zon to keep for my own personal use.

1,2,3 probably a mycena, maybe inclinata

4,5 inkcaps small sp

6,7 auricularia auriculare-judea

and to be fair, all these are pretty basic, and would be fairly easy to identify from a book a basic one, the jelly like clear thing is an exidia

you have some phalus impudicus coprinus disseminatus all fungi we cover daily almost!

so given that matt has gone to the trouble of having his own thread we might be understandably sitting back allowing him to do some work for himself!

come on ranger, dont be lazy!