A fossil within a bracket of fungi...!

Harrison2604

Look what I've just come accross!

This has gotta be one of the rarest things I've ever seen?

No idea what the fungus is. It wasn't attached to its host, it was lying next to a stump and has been there for quite some time I would imagine.

Give me your thoughts, I don't know if this is a real fossil, but its still pretty cool!

Maybe hama could give me a heads up on what fungus this is by looking at these pictures as I'm not quite sure :thumbup1:

59765a6471443_Picture016.jpg.a7c392e4ffe45be8ff89f908e6819c67.jpg

59765a646db2a_Picture015.jpg.23c54553a88283e14b2da7c93999bbc6.jpg

59765a646b1c5_Picture014.jpg.e71bfd1601b8d319705caf377a5ccb24.jpg

59765a6467aa2_Picture013.jpg.19c84ab024a133ee7b9ab1f8df78badf.jpg

Now that's cool. :thumbup1:

Wonder how it got there, think it was put there? :confused1: I'm sure the Hamster can shed some light on it

Absolutely! Yeah so do I, the thing is I found it in a field on private land in a clear felling site so it's not as if many people are around that area to be playing with fake fossils or even real ones. I'm rather confused myself. :001_smile:

I missed our uni's class annual field trip to lyme regis. The bug people used to love this place. seems to be a good place for finds alright. Not quite the 'burgess shales' of places but not bad.:thumbup1:

I thought Lyme regis was classed as the richest U.K region for fossils?

It is certainly the place to go if you want to find an amonite, they are all over the place there, and the two fossil/mineral shops in the town are superb places to have a look.

They had two amethyst catherdrals when I was there last always wanted one, stunning geological things.:thumbup1:

Ian Keat Jewellers - Collection