RAYCO RG25HD stumpgrinder any good? thoughts and opinions please!

Pete Hart

Yeah would prefer the access to be as little an issue as poss, but would consider a bigger machine (prob 2nd hand to keep the budget similar).

Only thinking new so that i'm fully aware of its history etc, but perhaps i'm being paranoid!!

WoodED, would a preditor be a big jump in size and price and would it be easier (or less tiring!) to use?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats good to know Pascal thanks. I'm not too worried if bigger stumps would take longer - just concerned that 1. its a good reliable machine 2. its manouverable 3. it can be loaded easily onto transit via ramp (i believe its a self driven machine, the rg25hd) 4. that i could get something more powerful for the money? and 5. its about the right price that i've been quoted!

Yeah would prefer the access to be as little an issue as poss, but would consider a bigger machine (prob 2nd hand to keep the budget similar).

Only thinking new so that i'm fully aware of its history etc, but perhaps i'm being paranoid!!

WoodED, would a preditor be a big jump in size and price and would it be easier (or less tiring!) to use?

put a post up asking about one, they are briliant machines

Predator P28 28hp tracked

That looks amazing mate!! Expensive too i bet!?

im unsure to be honest, dont think there too bad,, ask the guys on here,, we hired one for a job we had removing 40 stumps with tight access and it was fantastic

Do most fully hydraulic medium large stumpers run on diesel (cherry obviously)?

The rg25 runs on petrol and having not used one before i have no clue about fuel consuption! - something to consider given the bloody rip off at the pumps!

some are petrol some are deisel,, the rg25 isnt to bad drinks abit i spose,,

If you had said it canes the juice i might have been concerned!! I'm guessing busting rock hard stumps out takes some doing so you have to expect constant tooth maintenance and a fair amount of fuel too!! All part of the job i supose

yh the problem with grinders like the rg25 is the cutters have to be sharp, or your gona be there for alot longer throwing the machine around