HS2 threat to 27 ancient woods and more could be in the line of construction fire.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hypothetically speaking, how many of you who support this and have added your signatures would turn down the work if you were approached to do it? We are, at the end of the day, paid to do this job, and some aspects are less savoury than others.

Personally speaking, hand on heart, I could not say I wouldnt do the job if asked, therefore I cannot be hypocritical and sign up.

So hypothetically speaking, how many of you who support this and have added your signatures would turn down the work if you were approached to do it? We are, at the end of the day, paid to do this job, and some aspects are less savoury than others.

Personally speaking, hand on heart, I could not say I wouldnt do the job if asked, therefore I cannot be hypocritical and sign up.

Just where is nature supposed to live andy? no in your income stream I see.

Your bang on right Tony, but I'm being honest with where I would stand, why sign up to something you know deep down that if given the work you would do it?

fine, let em F==== this line of ancient woodland up, but when your great grandchildren have to tell their kids why those strange creatures no longer exist on this earth remembered will you be for playing your part in their demise.

we have a choice andy, its time to make or break on this planet.:sneaky2:

I'm not saying you and others who agree with your opinions shouldnt sign up and do what you think is right. But I cannot sign up for something that I know in my heart I would go in and cut down. Huffing and puffing out your chest in exasperation will not make me lie.:001_smile:

I'm not saying you and others who agree with your opinions shouldnt sign up and do what you think is right. But I cannot sign up for something that I know in my heart I would go in and cut down. Huffing and puffing out your chest in exasperation will not make me lie.:001_smile:

bet you still eat cod, sit on tropical wood furniture that you have no idea of source too. im not asking you to lie, im asking you to protect some ancient woodland as apposed to some new forest or farmers fields, the habitat value in ancient woodland is 1,000,000x more and irreplaceable.

i dont appose the railway, nor does this campaign, it opposes the destruction (needlesly) of ancient woodlands.

I dont want to live anywhere else because of our ancient woodlands, do you wanna see old trees?

bet you still eat cod, sit on tropical wood furniture that you have no idea of source too

Of course I still eat cod, and sit on tropical wood furniture, cods very tasty and there's loads of it in the sea isnt there? And my teak chair is just beautiful to look at :thumbup1: