Reporting internet fraud

morten

what products are they selling? or not selling!

They are selling (although not delivering), Green Laser Pointers, amongst many other things. I wanted a new one, since the green laser pointers are clearly visible in full daylight at a long distance. Great aid when pointing out reduction points with customers and groundsmen/climbers .

I hope this does not reveal too much (forum rules), since a Google search of "laser pointer" combined with the postal code from my initial posting would reveal the website :blushing:

It may help to use an established equipment supply company to avoid any potential internet fraud this company have a number of retailers in the UK find one close to use here:

Fletcher Stewart

Thanks, but they don't sell what I'm looking for.

The products I'm after, a Romisen L-B030 Green Laser which is only sold by very few retailers in Europe.

If the company has a physical address, contact their local trading standards authority and get them to call round and knock at the door.

The company claim to have a physical address, but it misspells "Glasgow" as "Glsagow" and the street address has no streed number, but is located in a residential area (checked Google Streetview).

I have a feeling, it's a scam website set up from China, and that it isn't a UK-based entity at all. But the xxx-xxxxxxxx.co.uk website ought to be closed down. But I doubt the Trading Standards Committee will even touch a case where I can't even prove the identity of the business, or even that it IS a UK business.

Morten, did you pay for the item(s) with credit/debit card. If so contact your

card company and inform them. I ordered an item from Northern Ireland, checked the feedback, the item never arrived. I contacted various other dealers who stocked the product, and they said that they had not had stock arrive. I contacted my card supplier, and they took over the debt, re-imbursed my account, and said I had no further issues to worry about. AS Paypal works through your cards, I'd expect the same would apply.

CID , Baillieston Police Station, 24-26 Main St, Baillieston, Glasgow - 0141 532 4350

I would suggest this also as the google street view shows a council estate and not a business site. (No telephone details and no street number) E-Mail the ISP and complain and have the site taken down. The person has a lack of English understanding in some areas of the website.

Have you tried the company that produce the product?

People that steal and fraud should have the hands removed and eyes taken out.

Morten, did you pay for the item(s) with credit/debit card. If so contact your

card company and inform them. I ordered an item from Northern Ireland, checked the feedback, the item never arrived. I contacted various other dealers who stocked the product, and they said that they had not had stock arrive. I contacted my card supplier, and they took over the debt, re-imbursed my account, and said I had no further issues to worry about. AS Paypal works through your cards, I'd expect the same would apply.

I paid via Credit Card (VISA) through PayPal, and assumed I was safe to claim my money back.

But when making a claim with PayPal, I was told that they have a 45-day limitation on making a claims against a seller. The exact same delivery time I was given by the seller when asking for shipment details :sneaky2: (coincidence? think not!) - and PayPal informed me that they would NOT take any action against the seller either. I guess they get their commision even on fraudulent charges :thumbdown:

I am fairly confident my £60 is lost. I just wish there was something I could do to have the xxx-xxxxxxxx.co.uk shop closed so they cannot continue their fraud.

Edited by morten

I paid via Credit Card (VISA) through PayPal, and assumed I was safe to claim my money back.

But when making a claim with PayPal, I was told that they have a 45-day limitation on making a claims against a seller. The exact same delivery time I was given by the seller when asking for shipment details :sneaky2: (coincidence? think not!) - and PayPal informed me that they would NOT take any action against the seller either. I guess they get their commision even on fraudulent charges :thumbdown:

I am fairly confident my £60 is lost. I just wish there was something I could do to have the xxx-xxxxxxxx.co.uk shop closed so they cannot continue their fraud.

Visa were excellent in dealing with my case, and I'm sure that whether or not through PayPal they would be just as good in sorting your case. They are the professionals when in comes to financial transactions, they dont cut trees!:001_smile: