Is fuel hose same as impulse hose on 356xp?

Quickthorn

While my 346xp is in bits, i've noticed the 2" length of impulse hose has got a flat spot where it's been rubbing against something, so it probably won't last much longer. I want to replace it 1st thing tomorrow morning, but the nearest I've got is a length of fuel hose, which seems the same size and looks very similar material. Does anyone know if the fuel hose will do the job, given that it will probably be hotter there, or are they different materials?

Cheers.

I don't know for sure it they are the same material but would be pretty sure that they would be. As long as the pipe is a tight fit on the connection then you will be ok.

Do yourself a favour and check that the impulse part that plugs in to the cylinder head is clear and isnt blocked, just been working on a Jonsered 2149 that had been seized, caused by the plastic impulse end slightly melting and blocking it - used a small drill to open it up. The previous owner had the H setting almost falling out to keep it running.....numpty:001_rolleyes:

Also be aware that if you have the old plastic clip design carb boot then it is pretty crap as they leak and you would be better grinding off the clip and replacing it with a jubilee clip and sealing with a little liquid gasket - just done this fix and the saw now works fine - I gather this saw is prone to idle problems and my money is on the poor design of this boot.

Good luck - hope the piston is still in good condition on your saw.

Spud

I don't know for sure it they are the same material but would be pretty sure that they would be. As long as the pipe is a tight fit on the connection then you will be ok.

Do yourself a favour and check that the impulse part that plugs in to the cylinder head is clear and isnt blocked, just been working on a Jonsered 2149 that had been seized, caused by the plastic impulse end slightly melting and blocking it - used a small drill to open it up. The previous owner had the H setting almost falling out to keep it running.....numpty:001_rolleyes:

Also be aware that if you have the old plastic clip design carb boot then it is pretty crap as they leak and you would be better grinding off the clip and replacing it with a jubilee clip and sealing with a little liquid gasket - just done this fix and the saw now works fine - I gather this saw is prone to idle problems and my money is on the poor design of this boot.

Good luck - hope the piston is still in good condition on your saw.

Spud

Cheers spud. :thumbup:

That impulse part you mentioned was partly blocked. I'm hoping clearing it, plus new carb diaphragms will cure the problem (idled fine, but only gave 7 or 8 secs full power before dieing, then needed a breather on idle before you could full throttle again)

It has got the plastic clip holding the boot on. Might follow your advise about liquid gasket.

The piston seems fine, apart from a slight score on the exhaust port side, which i've known about for years now, but doesn't seem to be getting worse.

I pressure checked my saw and air was pissing out of this joint, personally I would use a decent quality jubilee clip on the saw, I think there may be a Husqvarna upgrade on this part - sure I have heard something about this.

I am glad your saws piston is ok, many people just take out the H&L screw half a turn at a time until the saw works - for a short while.

Glad I was of help

Spud