Which of these Husky's for a novice?

Poacher

Hey guys,

Just wondered if you could give me a few pointers for a replacement saw as the McCulloch just isnt up to the job.

Mainly for home and some farm use.

Ok, so how about;

Husky 357 17" @ £295

Husky 346 13" @ £275

Husky 350 15" @ £190

All used and in good condition.

What would be your pick from them? I know there are issues with the 350 muffler falling off but can they be modified some how to fix that? Which would be best for felling up to about 17" trees occasionally but normally 12"-14"?

And, yes, i am a noob! :blushing:

Hey guys,

Just wondered if you could give me a few pointers for a replacement saw as the McCulloch just isnt up to the job.

Mainly for home and some farm use.

Ok, so how about;

Husky 357 17" @ £295

Husky 346 13" @ £275

Husky 350 15" @ £190

All used and in good condition.

What would be your pick from them? I know there are issues with the 350 muffler falling off but can they be modified some how to fix that? Which would be best for felling up to about 17" trees occasionally but normally 12"-14"?

And, yes, i am a noob! :blushing:

id go with the 346xp,, but make sure its got the silver clutch cover as it is the newer 50cc version, if it has an orange clutch cover its the older 46ccc one, i went straight on to a 346xp, (slight lie i had a ms260 for a month befor i bought a new 346xp) i love it,

I would go for the 350 have had one for 5 years cracking saw, never fails to work never had any problems with it other than clutch springs just remember to grease bar tip and sprocket.

Have just treated myself to a new 346xp very nice pro saw upgrade love it

id go with the 346xp,, but make sure its got the silver clutch cover as it is the newer 50cc version, if it has an orange clutch cover its the older 46ccc one, i went straight on to a 346xp, (slight lie i had a ms260 for a month befor i bought a new 346xp) i love it,

As good as the new 50cc one is i think i prefer the older 46cc one.

Well i asked the seller what he would recommend out of the 3 and he said:

Hi Pete, yes the postage cost is the same for all the saws i have. If you are a novice, then i recommend the 350. To be fair the 2 pro saws i have are a very nice saw to use but are very lively. The 350 is classed as a semi pro saw, again a nice saw to use. The muffler problem can affect any of the husqvarnas of this era, provided they are looked after and serviced properly they should not give to much trouble.

2 seconds with an 8mm spanner to check exhaust bolts now and then is not a hard job.

Kind regards Mark.

So by that he is saying i should buy the cheapest one from him which kind of makes me feel he is being honest with me.

Heres the ebay link.

HUSQVARNA 350 CHAINSAW IN VERY GOOD CONDITION on eBay (end time 01-Mar-11 16:59:15 GMT)

Well i asked the seller what he would recommend out of the 3 and he said:

Hi Pete, yes the postage cost is the same for all the saws i have. If you are a novice, then i recommend the 350. To be fair the 2 pro saws i have are a very nice saw to use but are very lively. The 350 is classed as a semi pro saw, again a nice saw to use. The muffler problem can affect any of the husqvarnas of this era, provided they are looked after and serviced properly they should not give to much trouble.

2 seconds with an 8mm spanner to check exhaust bolts now and then is not a hard job.

Kind regards Mark.

So by that he is saying i should buy the cheapest one from him which kind of makes me feel he is being honest with me.

Heres the ebay link.

HUSQVARNA 350 CHAINSAW IN VERY GOOD CONDITION on eBay (end time 01-Mar-11 16:59:15 GMT)

Sounds like an honest guy giving solid advice. I think I'd choose the 346, but if you are not going to use it on a daily basis, I guess the 350 will be spot on.

Good luck with your new Husky!