Looking for a decent cheap tach

minnnt

I went through this about 5 years ago.

You have 3 different levels of refresh rates. So buyer beware before spending your money.

Cheapie tachs for $20-$25 have a 2.5 second refresh rate. They work and I had one to start off. Just the 2.5 sec refresh rate got old when checking stuff. Cheap tach

The new Baileys and Stihl 7 and 8 are big bucks but still a slow refresh rate at 1.5 seconds. Take that money you would spend on them and buy the next level.

The best out there are .5 second refresh rate. Older stihl 5, echo 1000, stihl 302 etc. The NEW ones with .5 refresh rate are. IF I were to buy a tach today it would be this one

This one would be 2nd in line with .5 refresh rate too

Fast-Tach - upto 20K,wireless,quick update and £69 including VAT + delivery

See previous threads on this forum:biggrin:

The big disadvantage to the fast tach is it has a button cell battery that is badly affected by cold. I know this because i had one and it was a pain in the ass.

The Tech tach has a 9v pp9 that seems to last forever.

The big disadvantage to the fast tach is it has a button cell battery that is badly affected by cold. I know this because i had one and it was a pain in the ass.

The Tech tach has a 9v pp9 that seems to last forever.

you got a link for one?

And where's my pm!!! :001_rolleyes: