entec stress feed!

joe westrup

good evening all,

i know im not the first and sure i wont be the last person with a entec 6inch where the no stress doesnt work!

just bought this chipper knowing the no stress wasnt working, got it cheap so thought it was worth a shot.

the rollers will feed in, stop and reverse, but when i looked under the hood i found a wire from the no stress tube was dissconected, i reconnected it but then the rollers would not do anything?? when i connect the wire the silver tube near the flywheel shows a red l.e.d that soon changes to green?? does this mean the "mind box" is ok and the fault is in the wireing?? any advice appreciated!! :confused1:

had the old owner disconected the no stress on purpose?

worth an ask maybe - if he couldnt get to the bottom of the problem he may have been opperating it manually using the stop go buttons.

at least you might findout what hes already tried in order to fix it?

First thing you do is check all wiring connections clean wd40 then if that dont work change relays one by one also check the rectifier my one was cruddy with blue oxidization cleaned it and no stress worked fine again.

If all above does work then get your wallet out £300 for new no stress, my no stress stays red never goes green what ever the revs ?

thanks for the replys guys, will have a go and see if i can sort it, if the worst come to the worst where can i get a new no stress, will timberwolf have them? also is it best to phone timberwolf direct for blades or go via a dealer? and thanks big bolt just had a look at dereks website will defo give him a ring if i cant sort it!! cheres

Edited by joe westrup

Derek has loads of spares for entec or knows a cheaper part he worked as there main fitter for many a year . i do believe somebody had a thread on here not long ago about replacment strees parts for the entec machines saturn knives are doing some good deals at the mo , and are just as good

Edited by Big Bolt