Worse to come?

Graham

The google sites mentioned above are free for two years then chargeable afterwards I think ?

We wish, well me specifically wished ours was in a wordpress format, Its soooo much easier than messing about with text editors and ftp clients.

Google Sites is free. Now, and in the furure.

And Google Sites does NOT require ANY coding, FTP Clients, strange editors etc.

It uses plain page editing, similar to a word-processor such as Word, where you can highlight text and change size/styling, insert images etc. Furthermore, you can revert changes made, and see (revert to) any previous version of a page, if you so wish.

Try it out - it's easy and free.

Google Sites is free. Now, and in the furure.

And Google Sites does NOT require ANY coding, FTP Clients, strange editors etc.

It uses plain page editing, similar to a word-processor such as Word, where you can highlight text and change size/styling, insert images etc. Furthermore, you can revert changes made, and see (revert to) any previous version of a page, if you so wish.

Try it out - it's easy and free.

I have one of each ( google + WP) plus an HTML Site and the Wordpress site is far the easiest and quickest to edit.

The google sites are also quite rigid and similar looking imo of course.

The wp site is far superior in appearance and in user friend liness also.

JD

The google sites are also quite rigid and similar looking imo of course.

Agreed. The major weakness of Google Sites is that the layout choices are limited. Quite a few styling schemes/colours etc, but basically, you're stuck with the menu at the left hand, title at the top, and a line at the bottom with "google stuff".

But I don't think the layout makes much difference in the arb business, anyway. A few pictures and enough relevant text to make you seem compentent, and you're off.

The important thing is to get the site up and running, and start doing some SEO work. The underlying website technology is less important, as long as it's not a barrier itself.

By the way - have a play around with Google Adwords too. Has generated lots of business for me. For every pound spent on Adwords, it generated about 20 pounds of arb business. Especially good during low-season, since you can ramp up/down within minutes, and only pay for what you get (clicks).