Attention Surfers

scottythepinetree

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't having a dig Gibbon. Those guys are pretty accomodating if they find anyone game enough to have a go and if they think you're fit enough to handle it.

Ad, reckon I can see a place for both. Tow surfing has come on leaps and bounds in the last while. Guys trying to surf heavy waves at 20ft as though they were a quarter the size. Much prefer watching good surfers at "reasonable" size good waves though.

Assume you've seen this. Ferg at his best... Powers of Three | Relentless

Wasn't having a dig Gibbon. Those guys are pretty accomodating if they find anyone game enough to have a go and if they think you're fit enough to handle it.

Ad, reckon I can see a place for both. Tow surfing has come on leaps and bounds in the last while. Guys trying to surf heavy waves at 20ft as though they were a quarter the size. Much prefer watching good surfers at "reasonable" size good waves though.

Assume you've seen this. Ferg at his best... Powers of Three | Relentless

Isn't that the great thing about surfing? You can't catch a bus to manchester and play football in the park with Beckham.

When I went to Oz with my mate we ended up surfing and hanging out with guys who we'd been seeing in surf mags for years.

So where ave you guys had the best waves?

morocco, bali,cali, cornwall,

had the fortune, misfortune to have surfed/ snowboarded with pro's regularly with old job,, sometimes fun, sometimes a pain in the ass..

the most fun was benji weatherley, surfing and shaun white on snow..

Best wave I've ever had is actually about 30 mins from here left hand point break on boulder reef. Longest wave I've ever seen bar maybe the Superbank. Minute and a half on a bad day and super square sections. Best part about it though is every time I catch it firing there will only be 2 of us out. Not the kind of place you want to surf on your own. Pretty remote, sketchy take off, and boils in the wave nearly the whole time.

Did Indo and Bali 2 years ago. Scar Reef, Uloos best of the bunch. Had Uloos a little overhead. Don't think I'd want it any bigger. Sneaker sets scary were as hell. But nice change to surf a wave that's consistent.

Never surfed Ireland. Had waves in France, spain, portugal, morocco, senegal, guinea bissau, Indo, Oz,Cali, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Nicaragua.

Had the most fun at decent size Salsa Brava, Redsands in Oz or pavones. Scariest was The Box. must have been triple overhead but I only had 2 waves in 2 hours. I think that is the most frightened I've ever been.

Can't lay a claim to the box. Had 2 waves and was terrrified the whole session. Didn't go back again either but I did get 2 screamers.

My claim to surf fame would have to be, being one of the 1st guys to surf silverbacks in Panama. My mate owns part of the Island there now. Last went there 2005. Sick wave.

Not my shot, just one from the web

597658cf00298_SIlverbacks20BIG20RF.jpg.77e9f813fce4a8e8206bcf10f1c5956c.jpg