Attention Surfers

scottythepinetree

Have noticed that there's quite a few surfers on here, so for those interested the Billabong Pipeline Masters is starting now. Best wave and best surfers on the planet. Always throws a few surprises as local wildcards with their knowledge of the wave have a habit of causing upsets, knocking Top 32 guys out early etc. Here's a link:Billabong Pipe Masters - Live Webcast

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pipe looks so average when its not firing. Guys that good always make ok waves look so much better.

Saw this this week, worth a watch. Would have loved the opportunity to surf stuff like this in a different life.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFlg92eOOqI]YouTube - Billabong XXL 2011 Midseason Highlight Clip[/ame]

Pipe looks so average when its not firing. Guys that good always make ok waves look so much better.

Saw this this week, worth a watch. Would have loved the opportunity to surf stuff like this in a different life.

YouTube - Billabong XXL 2011 Midseason Highlight Clip

The Wave in the middle "Prowlers" isn't far from here. One of the guys surfing it that day lives about 10 doors down from me. Pretty sure I could hook you up if you're game. Don't like holding my breath for over a minute while being beaten up so despite every oppurtunity to do it have absolutely no desire to go out when it's that big. Those guys are mental.

top man! one of the best wave on the tour, shame andy iorns won't be there!

Tour will never be the same again. Saw a video of Bruce talking about him yesterday. Was heaertbreaking. May not see that level of competetiveness again in our lifetime. Loads of little rippers up and coming Clay Marzo, Jon Florence, Dusty Payne, and a heap of brazilians, but none of them seem to have the hunger of Irons or Slats.

As for average Pipe... can't say I'd complain if my local was like that every day.

Edited by scottythepinetree

watched ballharra working when in france a few years back and all i can say is you will NEVER catch me in surf that size! Ihave surfed hossogor and surounding breaks at double over head and mundaka at 8ft and both of them put the fear of god into me i cant even begin to imagine what the bails must be like! the colder the water the harsher the hold downs are so ireland,maverics and cortez are for the true hellmen.

The Wave in the middle "Prowlers" isn't far from here. One of the guys surfing it that day lives about 10 doors down from me. Pretty sure I could hook you up if you're game. Don't like holding my breath for over a minute while being beaten up so despite every oppurtunity to do it have absolutely no desire to go out when it's that big. Those guys are mental.

Not saying that I got the skills to surf waves like that, far from it. I would have liked to have grown up on the north shore, tasmainia or wa though. When you travel to great waves around the world its always the local guys who charge the spots harder and bigger than anyone else.

The guys like Fergal and his mates in Ireland are crazy though, surfing those cold water super shallow reefs.