200t chain with 10 degree top plate?

ecolojim

Evening all,

was sold a 3/8 picco/pixel/whatever husky roller file guide on the understanding that it was also suitable for my 200t chain.

physically fits the chain and the files I have are correct,

BUT stihl chain has a 0 degree (horizontal) top plate on the cutter whereas the file guide appears to have a 10 degree back hand drop built in, which is spot on in the case of my 3/8 roller for my 372 and my /325 one for my 346, but im having to hover my back hand to sharpen the cutter correctly.

to the best of anyone's knowledge, is there a chain available for the 200t which has the 10 degree drop in the top plate? I really like using the roller file guides so Id rather buy the next chain to suit if possible

thanks

Jim

Husky roller guides are chain specific. So you will need to use a husky pixel chain 3/8 pitch 1.3 gauge the same chain they use on the husky top hander:thumbup1:

P.S the roller guide you use should be black

Silver .325 pitch

Blue 3/8 pitch

Black 3/8 pixel

Edited by 3dogs

Husky roller guides are chain specific. So you will need to use a husky pixel chain 3/8 pitch 1.3 gauge the same chain they use on the husky top hander:thumbup1:

Im assuming that chain is made by oregon, but cant seem to find an oregon chain that fits the bill. I asked Les Cork, but checked the specs on the chain(s) he recommended and they had the same 90degree top plate as the stihl chain.

maybe im on a hiding to nothing... again

Im assuming that chain is made by oregon, but cant seem to find an oregon chain that fits the bill. I asked Les Cork, but checked the specs on the chain(s) he recommended and they had the same 90degree top plate as the stihl chain.

maybe im on a hiding to nothing... again

On the roller guide it will have the specific identification for the chain to be used.

yeah that's it mate. when i tried to sharpen the stihl chain with the roller guide, everything fit up perfectly except it seemed to be set for a 'down angle' of 10 degrees, so Im forever countering that by holding my hand level off the back roller

Cant find a specification of the husky H36 chain to back this theory up, but the oregon recommended chains of 91VX and 91VXL have a flat top plate the same as the stihl chain

not looking likely