work experience!

gsp

hey guys new to this forum! i have recently been made redunant from my job! So to cut a long story short i am using this oppurtunity to gain my nptc cards and skills at college to become a tree surgeon!

i am posting to see if there are any companies local to stoke on trent area, that would not mind me coming along and helping out some days! obviouisly unpaid :)

i am 22 and very keen to get in to arboriculture, My name is nathan and my mobile number is 07905265673

many thanks

Hi threre and welcome to the fourm good luck with your new choice of work .

its not allways easy to start with to get your foot in the door but if you are persistant and keep going you will get in and it will be well worth it .

I did it and was very determined and have never looked back it was the best choice i ever made 2 years on and I work for my self doing private work and also sub out to companys to help with staff shortages and holiday cover and I have a great time along the way meeting new people and learning new stuff .

you will have to make lots of calls and leg work to find your first company but after that it becomes easier as your exp grows and you learn how to handle the saws and equipment and all that goes with it then it gets much easier to get work .

when you get your first saw you can start to do little jobs for friends and family to get your saw handling up and get in lots of practice .

Good luck on your new chosen parth

All the best

Littltree:thumbup:

Hi I've recently passed my CS38/39 and I'm in the same boat, application forms sent off, CVs sent out and phone calls been made all over the place!

I'm finding it difficult but determined not to stop until I get in somewhere, the general response is 'we'll keep you on record and be in touch if anything comes up' so fingers crossed something should come up pretty soon!!

'little tree' i see you're in the somerset area, can you recommend any companies in the north somerset / bristol area for me to try or are you not from this end?? I think i've tried most places but its worth a shot!

looking forward to your reply and good luck 'gsp', hope you get something soon as i know how you feel!!