Starting out and free work

Yew

hard graft and aptitude are all thats important.

you'll probably spend a fair while feeding a chipper and moving logwood until you earn your stripes as it were but even then a lot of the job is more mundane. its not all about swinging about in trees as some people wrongfully percieve.

i would mebe do your cs30 and cs38 first then do your work experience as you will then be able to ground for a climber and leave off doing your 31/39 untill later on as you can always do this work if supervised at work. you wont instantly be able to climb with a chainsaw or fell a tree for a start in the first place cos even with the tickets you wont have enough experience. you never know your future employer may pay for them.

go get some experience of the job. dont get me wrong i love forestry and tree surgery (i do both) but it is hard work and often in bad weather. its not for everyone. dont waste a load of money doing all your tickets only to find out you dont like it(about 50%of the lads i went to colege with have ended up doing other stuff after qualifying cos they couldnt hack doing it).

as for your uni qualifications it can only be an advantage having a more i depth understanding of related subjects.

best of luck