L200 v Ranger v ?

Bomag

I run a 2006 L200 new shape and think it is excellent.I am getting 34-36 mpg with it,it drives like a car and pulls a trailer of logs no problem.I think it is different class to the old shape L200.

iv got a 56 plate new shape animal only does 32 mpg and less towing and i dont thrash it is yours a warrior with less hp? there suppose to be better on fuel

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought a Hilux 2.5, double cab, 25k, 07, 35Mpg, few extras on the spec, £13k

They also hold there value very well! As well as being reliable, and Tough as anything out there!

If you cant stretch to that id go for a Ranger!

Or there is the Mazda! (Ranger is a rebranded mazda)

FWIW.

Mitsi L200 all the way.

I’ve got a new Warrior L200 long base. It replaces a 17 year old Shogun.

The l200 chucks out 178 hp drives like a car on the road, is well appointed including cruise control, air con, CD player etc. It pulls like a train towing and has loads of carrying capacity. The traction and stability control make driving it a pleasure, especially in an emergency. Super select 4X4 is one of the best around. I’ve pulled many a Landy out of the mire over the years with this system…but that could just be the Muppets that were driving the landy’s. :blushing:

MPG…well I used to get 31mpg on a run with the OEM tyres and 26mpg towing. The tyres they put on them are crap for any off road use so I compromised with General Grabber AT2’s. Now the MPG is around 29mpg and 25 towing.

Faults are a tad noisy engine when it’s working hard but other than that it’s ok to live with day to day. Ground clearance isn’t hard core like a Landy, but then it doesn’t handle like a pig on the road like a Landy.

Good points are electrics keep working unlike a Landy and it doesn’t let water in like a Landy. It doesn’t leak oil like a Landy. Bits don’t fall off every time you use it like a Landy. It starts every time I turn the key unlike a Landy. In a crash it has an Ncap four star rating so won’t collapse around you like a pack of cards. If you want that get a Nissan. (See I don’t just hate landy’s :lol:) It also has a tight turning circle unlike a Landy.

Warranty is 12 years perforation, 3 years or 100,000 miles mechanical. You get a good servicing package which happens every 12500 miles.

I don’t know about Fords but I’ve had Mitsis for ever… and I mean old and new. They are reliable and rust free, even at 17 years old. I have never seen a Ford still in use at that age but then I haven’t looked.

Another excellent wagon is the Toyota; a mate of mine has one. Expect to pay silly money for the name though…a bit like Landy, only everything keeps working. :lol:

There are a number of good wagons out there..you just have to choose how much of your wonga you want to keep.

Cheers.