Predator grinder attachment for digger

robert t

Seen one of predators grinder attachment at the APF to fit onto smallish digger. The one with engine on it. Thought it looked well built and design looked good. Tried to get them to demo it but for some reason they woudnt:confused1: Any body got one or heard anything, good or bad.

Cheers

i think there is 2 main reasons

1. its hastle getting it on the digger and we have a big tracked predator which is always on the trailer ready to rock and roll

2. like i said earlier u need some1 who is very good on a digger else u end up with a right old mess

however on the rare occasions i have seen it going if it is in the right hands it is a good bit of kit

It weighs the best part of 200kgs, so at full reach you need a dab hand in a reasonable sized digger. What engine is it, it is a Kohler 25hp (?), the same that is fitted to many smaller, less expensive (if you have to get a digger etc)hydraulic sweep machines so you have to have a use for it. Alan Oldfield has one for sale (possible hire) in his shed - give him a ring on 01759 372552.

The benefit of the digger is the ability to grade/dig with the buckets and reach over/up/down things - plus your sitting down and out of the weather!

It weighs the best part of 200kgs, so at full reach you need a dab hand in a reasonable sized digger. What engine is it, it is a Kohler 25hp (?), the same that is fitted to many smaller, less expensive (if you have to get a digger etc)hydraulic sweep machines so you have to have a use for it. Alan Oldfield has one for sale (possible hire) in his shed - give him a ring on 01759 372552.

The benefit of the digger is the ability to grade/dig with the buckets and reach over/up/down things - plus your sitting down and out of the weather!

It is 27hp Kohler. I have a couple of these engines on other grinders and have not had any problems with them. Thats why I like this particular machine. I have a 2.7tonne digger worth approx £10 and for the investment of 5k Im hoping that the Predator attachment would give me a grinder with similar power and capabilities of £16k hydraulic Carlton 4012 or Predator 28

with the added benefit of extra reach

well there you go! Get yourself a new toy! If you have a cheap digger of that size then you've got a good set up!:thumbup:

The Kohler is a good engine as long as it is maintained properly with the correct oil level kept too at all times. The Kohler has a sentry for when you tip it too far.