Good call or not?

18 stoner

Good skills Pete......Don't ya just love it when you go to put the gob in......and there's nothin there:scared1:

Too right Mac, needed a bit of confidence in the(rotten) hinge as i felled it along the ten foot.

Just about as scary as seeing the extent of the decay once its on the floor, knowing i just climbed it and removed the side limbs:ohmy:

Nice accurate fell there Pete.

HCC or ERYC T.O.?

Cheers, was in Sutton village, and Hull City Council. You know the area?

Think it would have been more straight forward if it was East Yorks. HCC always seem more reluctant to lose a tree at whatever cost, but then again they dont have that many:scared1:

I find HCC's planning system inefficient and unhelpful.

Fortunately I don't deal with them that often.

A recent customer had to reapply for the work they wanted as HCC had lost their details in the system!

ERYC on the other hand are very approachable, helpful and reasonable in their judgements and I have never had a problem.

Had a word with them today about filling in a 'new style' TPO application and whether it had to be in triplicate as per the form.

Got a resounding NO! as two of the copies would end up in the recycling bin!

They don't like the new system any more than us.

The daft thing is that in four pages of boxes to fill in, the bit that actually matters 'description of trees and proposed works etc' is a space about an inch high and you have all on getting the details to fit in!

And theres no space for a sketch plan, that has to be on a separate sheet.

I am not far away from you, we have met but it was two or three years ago. I think you used to work with my mate Robbo down near H.O.S.M.

All the best,

Nige.

E.R.A.

I find HCC's planning system inefficient and unhelpful.

Fortunately I don't deal with them that often.

A recent customer had to reapply for the work they wanted as HCC had lost their details in the system!

ERYC on the other hand are very approachable' date=' helpful and reasonable in their judgements and I have never had a problem.

Had a word with them today about filling in a 'new style' TPO application and whether it had to be in triplicate as per the form.

Got a resounding NO! as two of the copies would end up in the recycling bin!

They don't like the new system any more than us.

The daft thing is that in four pages of boxes to fill in, the bit that actually matters 'description of trees and proposed works etc' is a space about an inch high and you have all on getting the details to fit in!

And theres no space for a sketch plan, that has to be on a separate sheet.

I am not far away from you, we have met but it was two or three years ago. I think you used to work with my mate Robbo down near H.O.S.M.

All the best,

Nige.

E.R.A.[/quote']

Too right Nige, always get on well with east riding.

Sussed out who you are now, was ERA gave it away, you really are just up the road:001_cool:

Small world how you know robbo, not seen him since i left Warter. Think that was around 17 or 18 years ago:scared1: That was the place i learned real felling, unfortunately the guy who took me under his wing is no longer with us, Col Simpson.

Sorry Nige, thought i only knew one robbo, just know john as, well, john:blushing:

Yeh me and john worked on same farm before i went self employed. Think he is SE now himself game keeping isnt he?

John is once met never forgot, if you see a landy coming puffing smoke, and a pair of specks above a birdsnest behind the wheel, its him:001_cool:

Nice to find you on here Nige, and hope work is keeping you busy.

John is full time keepering and also takes stalking clients out these days.

And the cut of his jib is unique! Like you say once met never forgotton, they certainly broke the mould when they made him!

Hope you're busy too, all the best.