QTRA registered?

monkeypuzzle22

Hama and Monkeypuzzle,

If money is tight then it's worth remembering that the THREATS system is free to download and use.

I've done the training with Julian, and I thought it was very good value for money.

I suspect you and Julian would have some interesting conversations Hama, he's a bit of a fungus enthusiast too.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just seen a few companies recently pop up who gained the QTRA and sort of sing its praises.

If someone's just spent several hundred pounds buying the right to use a system, it is not then in their interests to say it's not a good system.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but it's important to be wary of bias.

Hama and Monkeypuzzle,

If money is tight then it's worth remembering that the THREATS system is free to download and use.

I've done the training with Julian, and I thought it was very good value for money.

I suspect you and Julian would have some interesting conversations Hama, he's a bit of a fungus enthusiast too.

I know its all out there for free, had a look at it before and though havent applied it in any form of practice i do intend to very soon before taking the PTI etc.

I really like that about JFL, he isnt afraid to put it out there and for gratis, its got really posative comments from those Ive heard speak of it too, unlike others, which will not be gone into.

Arb culture, if your familiar with the PTI format and expectations I wouldnt mind joining you on a scenario some time and seeing it first hand:001_cool:

I think QTRA is not good, and I know several people who have done the training who found it very disappointing. Apparently the guy who does the training admits that he doesn't even understand the maths behind the system he is teaching - very worrying.

I would not ordinarily respond to an anonymous post such as this, but, whatever your source, the comment "the guy who does the training admits that he doesn't even understand the maths behind the system he is teaching" is untrue. There are two presenters of the QTRA workshop in the UK and neither of us have made such a statement.

What is the value of your statement "I think QTRA is not good" when it is conjoured out of thin air without any qualification by someone standing in the shadows?

If either you or 'Apparently' would like to discuss this openly then I will do so but I will not respond to anyone who feels the need to hide behind either a nom de plume or a sock puppet.

For those not quite up to speed with QTRA Quantified Tree Risk Assessment

Welcome to the forum Mike. Opinions are like backsides, everyone has one, and I'm sure at some point another member will pipe up and praise the QTRA, you have to take the rough with the smooth to a certain extent here. If there is constructive criticism, then you may benefit from it too. Some here do choose to use a nom de plume, and that is their choice, perhaps you could use this platform to inform people, take the positives rather than the negatives.

For those not quite up to speed with QTRA Quantified Tree Risk Assessment

Welcome to the forum Mike. Opinions are like backsides, everyone has one, and I'm sure at some point another member will pipe up and praise the QTRA, you have to take the rough with the smooth to a certain extent here. If there is constructive criticism, then you may benefit from it too. Some here do choose to use a nom de plume, and that is their choice, perhaps you could use this platform to inform people, take the positives rather than the negatives.

Hi Andy

Rough/smooth, I will debate tree risk assessment with anyone, but not as long as they insist on anonymity. You might be suprised, but I think that QTRA benefits most from constructive critisism, which in turn ususally arises out of a negative critisism. The problem with the post to which I responded is that it wasn't a really a critique of ony kind,