Loler inspection

brothergrim

Thanks for the friendly info I claim to have completed the course but I work for a national company who already has a database, and I just wondered if it's viable to set up a database on my own and inspect local tree surgeons kits ( insurance etc) off to sleep mow night night x

It certainly is possible. Im not taking the mick when I say I thought you would have been informed of the necessary legal aspects to recording the relevant info...for both yourself and your clients...If you haven't, I'd be interested to know who your training was delivered by...?

Tim

Excel spreadsheet works pretty simply and it can be printed off for hard copies and signed or pdf'd and put on a disk.

I also have our companies on a microsoft access database which enables me to pull up what i need when i need it and add to the next inspection each 6 months to keep an accurate record of the length of time each item has been in service.

Bit of a pain to set up (i am a bit of a numpty on a computor!) but once its set up its fairly easy.

So much easier on excel if you are doing it for other companies as you can re do the same sheet each time and just save it as the new date.

Make sure you do pdf it if you put it on a disk though so it can't be changed!!

I'm sure there are more comprehensive ways of doing it but for a computor illiterate like me it works fine.