Visual tree inspections

LisaB

Hama, what you're experiencing now at the moment with Doug Blease IS part of that competition that some crave. Competition in business comes in many forms I think. Inspection report templates could be regarded as financially sensitive material.

On a more optimistic note, How is your studying going? The last we heard, you were still at the 'finding your feet' stage.

Hama,

Thats great that you are on a degree course, and I am sure you will find it VERY rewarding in the long run.

Sorry to hear about you financial situation. I would be comforted in the fact that you are trying to better yourself during a time when the economy is in stalemate or potential growth. Therefore you can only benefit by becoming further qualified and expanding your already broad knowledge and experience.

I think at this time, I would prefer to be 4k behind, than to have no house at all. I for one will find it impossible to get onto the property market without becoming employed with a high salary. Therefore I am stuck renting at extortionate rates.

Hopefully people like me and you are on the up, because hard works pays off.

Sorry, still a de-rail!

Hama, what you're experiencing now at the moment with Doug Blease IS part of that competition that some crave. Competition in business comes in many forms I think. Inspection report templates could be regarded as financially sensitive material.

On a more optimistic note, How is your studying going? The last we heard, you were still at the 'finding your feet' stage.

Well lets just say I dont think i will win student of the year, its all too academic and pressured for my tastes. I like to take my time and really know the subject in hand rather than be panicked get the essay done and get it marked then forget 90% of what i just learnt! Im only doing it to get to the higher levels, because my real goal is to do my own research into fungal/tree relationships and decay.

if i finish it, it will be just a pass, and only just!:blushing:

Hama,

Thats great that you are on a degree course, and I am sure you will find it VERY rewarding in the long run.

Sorry to hear about you financial situation. I would be comforted in the fact that you are trying to better yourself during a time when the economy is in stalemate or potential growth. Therefore you can only benefit by becoming further qualified and expanding your already broad knowledge and experience.

I think at this time, I would prefer to be 4k behind, than to have no house at all. I for one will find it impossible to get onto the property market without becoming employed with a high salary. Therefore I am stuck renting at extortionate rates.

Hopefully people like me and you are on the up, because hard works pays off.

Sorry, still a de-rail!

De rail away, its all good.

I dont fear competition, its just not something that concerns me, because i am confident in my ability to excel, at all levels, whenever and however the job role circumstances demand.

Ive put info on here that is new, like the Auricularia messenterica observations. i could have just sat on that till publish a book or a paper on the subject but im not like that.

Ive posted BAP plans I did, and am offering a free foray to all who want to come along in september, and I will give away alll my knowledge for the asking, I could charge good money for it too.

i dont hold it against anyone clasifying thier materials, thats thier cal and judgment, but I find it rather selfish and insecure, thats just me, maybe im a mug who just gives it all away and has nothing to show for it....

but on the other hand, I am happy, i have my share of good friends and karma, life is hard, but good, in fact my life is blinding, its just my work life that sucks like a .... right now and for the last five years!

different strokes for different folks.:thumbup:

Well lets just say I dont think i will win student of the year, its all too academic and pressured for my tastes. I like to take my time and really know the subject in hand rather than be panicked get the essay done and get it marked then forget 90% of what i just learnt! Im only doing it to get to the higher levels, because my real goal is to do my own research into fungal/tree relationships and decay.

if i finish it, it will be just a pass, and only just!:blushing:

De rail away, its all good.

I dont fear competition, its just not something that concerns me, because i am confident in my ability to excel, at all levels, whenever and however the job role circumstances demand.

Ive put info on here that is new, like the Auricularia messenterica observations. i could have just sat on that till publish a book or a paper on the subject but im not like that.

Ive posted BAP plans I did, and am offering a free foray to all who want to come along in september, and I will give away alll my knowledge for the asking, I could charge good money for it too.

i dont hold it against anyone clasifying thier materials, thats thier cal and judgment, but I find it rather selfish and insecure, thats just me, maybe im a mug who just gives it all away and has nothing to show for it....

but on the other hand, I am happy, i have my share of good friends and karma, life is hard, but good, in fact my life is blinding, its just my work life that sucks like a .... right now and for the last five years!

different strokes for different folks.:thumbup:

I hear what you are saying Hama, but I wouldn't go to a garage and ask them to mend my car for free.

I don't deal in mending cars, I deal in doing tree reports.

I have worked very hard to build up a client base who understand and trust me.

Part of that is the development of good templates which meet the need of those clients.

In an ideal utopia I would be happy to share my templates with you in the sure knowledge that the garage would be equally happy to mend my car for free, but this is not an ideal world. We all have to work to earn money, and part of that work sometimes includes the creation or use of intellectual property which has value.

I'm glad you're doing a degree by the way, I'm sure that if you approach it with an open mind you'll get more out of it than you suspect you will at the moment.

:001_smile:

Oh, and by the way, I'm not insecure about my reports, I've fought their corner against tree officers, PINS, angry locals, planning officers...

And I'm nearly always shown to be right in the end.

That's exactly why I don't want to give them away, they work and they are valuable.

And please don't accuse me of being selfish either. Ever heard of tithing, it's were you give away 10% of your income to people who need it. I tithe.

You really should stop assuming things about people you've never met.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not insecure about my reports, I've fought their corner against tree officers, PINS, angry locals, planning officers...

And I'm nearly always shown to be right in the end.

That's exactly why I don't want to give them away, they work and they are valuable.

And please don't accuse me of being selfish either. Ever heard of tithing, it's were you give away 10% of your income to people who need it. I tithe.

You really should stop assuming things about people you've never met.

lighten up dude, take a chill pill, I will work it out, and i do appreciate what your saying.

good little tax dodge that tithe!:001_tt2:

I hear what you are saying Hama, but I wouldn't go to a garage and ask them to mend my car for free.

I don't deal in mending cars, I deal in doing tree reports.

I have worked very hard to build up a client base who understand and trust me.

Part of that is the development of good templates which meet the need of those clients.

In an ideal utopia I would be happy to share my templates with you in the sure knowledge that the garage would be equally happy to mend my car for free, but this is not an ideal world. We all have to work to earn money, and part of that work sometimes includes the creation or use of intellectual property which has value.

I'm glad you're doing a degree by the way, I'm sure that if you approach it with an open mind you'll get more out of it than you suspect you will at the moment.

Im still waiting for a fee price! lol, what use is "intelectual property" if your not selling it?

lighten up dude, take a chill pill, I will work it out, and i do appreciate what your saying.

good little tax dodge that tithe!:001_tt2:

Chill pill now taken, sorry for being a bit OTT. I'm sure you are soemone who can appreciate the annoyance of being accused of being both selfish and insecure by someone who I've never met and who doesn't know me or my work though.

By the way, the tithe is not tax dodge; it's 10% after tax - the tax man has no interest in it, it's my own money.

Im still waiting for a fee price! lol, what use is "intelectual property" if your not selling it?

Fair point, but after going through the thought process on various threads (mainly with you Hama) I've decided not to sell them. They are specific to me and my client's needs, and I believe that if I put them on here I would have to spend an awful long time explaining/defending the thought process behind them.

However, I think you have already been given links to all sorts of useful sites (by me and others) containing guidance and templates. You should be able to work it out for yourself now.

Lisa, another document which might be useful for you is:

Guidance Note 7 ? Tree Surveys: A Guide to Good Practice

I've not read it myself, but it might be useful.